Hi folks, we’re trying to solve for the following use case using zoom webinars:
- Ensure all our participants have their cameras on, by default. This requires us to programatically register all attendees as panelists.
- Capture attendance data for the above said participants. We notice that the ‘registrants’ and the ‘absentees’ APIs only return data corresponding to ‘attendee’ and not ‘panelist’.
Presently, the work-around we use is the following:
- Register all participants as only attendees, not panelists.
- Manually promote all attendees to panelists as soon as the webinar starts.
- This ensures that the ‘registrants’ and ‘absentees’ APIs return data corresponding to our participants.
How do we capture attendance data for panelists?
I like how responsive this community is, and would like to thank the zoom team in advance!