Complete list of recording_type returned via Webhooks

Hello,

Is there documentation regarding all of the possible values a recording_type can be for the Recording Completed event sent via Webhooks:

Thanks,

Hey @MarkWalsh, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

The recording types can be found here:

• Shared screen with speaker view : MP4 file with audio and video showing both active speaker view and shared content.
  • Shared screen with gallery view : MP4 file with audio and video showing both gallery view and shared content.
  • Active Speaker : MP4 file with audio and video showing the active speaker view only.
  • Gallery View : MP4 file with audio and video showing the gallery view only.
  • Shared Screen : MP4 file with audio and video showing the shared screen only.
  • Audio only : M4A file with a recording of the audio.
  • Audio transcript : VTT file with a transcript of the audio only.
  • Chat file : Text file with the transcript of in-meeting chat.

When returned from the webhook, they are in lowercase snake case, for example:

shared_screen_with_speaker_view

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @MarkWalsh,

Adding with link to recording docs. Expand the scheme to see the list of recording_types:

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/cloud-recording/recordingget

82742D31-FEB2-4216-8D56-3AD37932E5F3

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Everything you listed seems to line up with the recording_type values except for these two:

shared_screen_with_speaker_view(CC)
TIMELINE

What do these values mean?

I’m guessing that shared_screen_with_speaker_view(CC) is the shared_screen_with_speaker_view
video with closed captions (CC) as a part of the video file as opposed to being in a separate CC file.

Thanks,
Jonathan

Hey @j.herman,

Shared screen w/ speaker view is the recording of whatever is being recorded + the speaker video on side and including the Closed Captioning.

TIMELINE, is a JSON file with the series of events that occur during a meeting/webinar, such as: start, recording started, recording paused, poll, qa, etc…

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

hello
I can record video in zoom so I can get
Gallery View :

Hey @laxman,

Please clarify.

Thanks,
Tommy