DSS Events available only in Webhooks only Apps, and not in OAuth apps

The Dashboard Premium events feature is not visible in OAuth apps. It is only available in Webhooks only apps.

If we have an app that uses the OAuth workflow for authorization, and needs API call access as well as web hooks, this is a limitation that is hard to work around.

Please advise if this will be added to OAuth apps soon.

Hey @zoomdev,

Since DSS is issued on a per customer basis and not meant to be shared / distributed via an OAuth app, it is only available with a Webhook only app.

However, if you need to also call the Zoom API endpoints, you could have both the Webhook only and an OAuth/JWT app.

Please share your use case so I can help come up with a solution.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

We have an OAuth app that gets installed via the OAuth2 workflow initiated from within our app portal. Our app redirects the customer to the Zoom auth page which presents the scopes to the customer for their authorization. This results in the app being ā€˜installedā€™ in the customerā€™s zoom environment.

We are able to receive webhook events described in that app, and also make API calls based on that authorization.

If we have now a separate app for DSS, how would the auth flow work?

Hey @zoomdev,

I believe the DSS Events is only available to your own account, not to others who install your app.

I will confirm.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @zoomdev,

I have confirmed that you should be able to see the DSS events in the OAuth Webhook app.

Can you share the OAuth App Name with me so I can investigate further?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @zoomdev,

After looking into this more, it appears your DSS free trail has ended.

Please reach out to isv@zoom.us to request an extension or upgrade.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy

I do see these in one of my OAuth apps, but it doesnā€™t show up on others or on any new ones that I try to create. It seems that it will only appear in 1 app at most (even if we donā€™t select those events in that app)?

In our case, our test app called ā€œOAuth with Webhooks Test App Localā€ shows these events.
Any other app e.g. ā€œOAuth-DSSā€ etc. donā€™t show these events.

Hey @zoomdev,

Can you try again, we have extended your free trial.

Please try creating a new OAuth app to see if the DSS events are there.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks Tommy,

I tried but the result is the same. I donā€™t see any Premium events in new OAuth apps.

Regards

Hey @zoomdev,

It appears the max number of apps you can have with DSS is 2. Do you already have 2 apps with DSS enabled?

Thanks,
Tommy

You are right Tommy. Found the other one, itā€™s called Webhook CQR Test.

So if we end up deleting all the unused apps, and create a couple from scratch, my understanding is that we will see that feature present. Right?

1 Like

Hey @zoomdev,

Correct! :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi again @tommy

In preparation for going to production with our OAuth/webhook/DSS app, I cleaned up all existing apps except for one (QA - Vyopta CPM DSS) that we use in our testing. Can you please help enable DSS for our production app (Vyopta CPM DSS) as well?

Thanks

Hey @zoomdev,

You should be able to enable DSS in your marketplace scopes / event subscriptions since you cleaned up your existing apps using DSS.

Thanks,
Tommy