Is it worth bothering with the ChatBot API?

I am now able to finally post to a channel from a Bot.

• I upgraded to Pro license. However, I still got the exact same error message as before. So, it’s not clear that the Pro license was really required, since I was able to make API calls just fine and they mostly worked with the Basic license. At no point did I get an error message stating that I needed to upgrade my license… but then again, the error messages have been mostly useless anyway.

• I needed to take the following steps to make the Bot able to post: Go to the bot management page, go to ‘Local Test’, Generate the URL, past the URL into a browser, then authorise the Bot.

• I did not need to use my prod credentials, developer credentials worked fine.

• By far the easiest path to do a simple post from a bot to a channel, is to use the curl examples above. No need for callback URLs with ngrok, it’s a simple and clean way to get going. Only two post calls, one to get an access token, then other one to send a message using the access token. This should be a simple, step by step guide for developers to get going with posting messages from applications to zoom chat (in a dev env!!). Hopefully this will help others avoid hours and hours of frustrations and wasted time.