Javascript error in web SDK (Cannot read property 'enable' of null)

Description
Error ‘Cannot read property ‘enable’ of null’ is being logged in sentry when using Zoom web SDK.

Error
Cannot read property ‘enable’ of null

Which version?

To Reproduce
I don’t have any steps to reproduce this error but it seems there needs to be proper validation to prevent such errors.

Device

• Browser:[Chrome 88.0.4324]

Hi @acceluser8866,

Thanks for reaching out about this. Can you share a screenshot of your browser console where you’re seeing this error, so that we can take a closer look?

Thanks!
Will

I do not have any screenshots, it’s not often replicated but in sentry I can see this error is being logged multiple times. There are 24 user’s which were affected by this issue (It’s less compared to total user’s) and the event captured in sentry is in thousands. We do not have any code which could cause this issue so it seems issue with Zoom web SDK. Can you please check on your end and add proper validation to get value only if object is present?

Hey @acceluser8866,

Thanks for getting back to me. Without the steps to reproduce of a screenshot of the error in the console, it makes it a bit tricky to troubleshoot.

Do the errors logged in your sentry monitoring include any information about which line or file the error is coming from? Please let me know if there are any additional details about the error that you can share.

Thanks,
Will

hello I have this error

Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property ‘parseQuery’ of undefined
at websdkready

Hey @gerenciazirbox,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Are you able to share the code in your meeting.js file? If you haven’t already, I would use our Sample Web App as a reference when building with the Web SDK.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.