Meeting UI is not being displayed on Android

Description
I created a custom meeting activity on Android (which is a sub-class of MeetingActivity) and started a meeting programmatically, got meeting status MEETING_STATUS_CONNECTING => MEETING_STATUS_INMEETING, however meeting UI is not displayed

Which Mobile Meeting SDK version?
Android Zoom Meeting SDK 5.7.6.1918

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create a custom meeting activity:
public class MyMeetingActivity extends MeetingActivity {
}
  1. Register it in res/values/config.xml:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<resources>
    <string name="zm_config_conf_activity">mypackage.zoom.MyMeetingActivity</string>
</resources>

AndroidManifest.xml:

<activity
            android:name=".zoom.MyMeetingActivity"
            android:configChanges="orientation|screenSize"
            android:hardwareAccelerated="false"
            android:theme="@style/ZMTheme.SubWindow" />
  1. Log user in and start a meeting:
if(mZoomSDK.isLoggedIn())
        {
            MeetingService meetingService = mZoomSDK.getMeetingService();
            StartMeetingOptions options=new StartMeetingOptions();
            meetingService.startInstantMeeting(context,options);
        }

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Android emulator Nexus 10

Additional context
The logs folder: Google Drive

Hi @noob, thanks for using our SDK.

Usually if no Activity is started when attempting to start or join a meeting, it means that custom UI mode was enabled. Can you please confirm whether or not custom UI mode is enabled via setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled?

Thanks!

Thanks for replying!

I double-checked my code and there’s no code like ‘setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled’. Not sure if this helps: I also created a custom Waiting room UI and started its activity via listening to MEETING_STATUS_WAITINGFORHOST. It works as expected.

thanks my issue has been fixed.

Sorry, my mistake. The custom Waiting UI (join before host) doesn’t work either. It was displayed because I started the activity programmatically (simply adding the activity with intent-filter doesn’t work, the default waiting UI keeps displaying).

Hi @jon.lieblich I managed to make the meeting activity (MyMeetingActivity) display by setCustomizedMeetingUIEnabled and starting the activity manually. However, whenever the app comes back from background, that activity is destroyed.

App in foreground: In meeting, MyMeetingActivity is displayed
App comes to background: Still in meeting
App goes back to foreground (by tapping the app icon): MyMeetingActivity is destroyed, other participants still see that user in the meeting

(the main activity of the application has launchMode=“singleTask”)

Hi @noob,

If you are using a custom meeting UI, the SDK cannot be responsible for the lifecycle of your Activity. If you were not using a custom meeting UI already, my previous reply was not a suggestion to begin using it, as a custom meeting UI requires a significant implementation.

Are you able to reproduce the issue with the MeetingActivity not showing if you use the default instance provided by the SDK?

Thanks!