Social enterprise waiting for marketplace approval

My name is Joe Seddon and I’m the Founder of Zero Gravity (https://www.zerogravity.co.uk/). We’re a non-profit digital mentoring startup which provides one-to-one video mentorship to school students from low income backgrounds who’ve had their education disrupted by COVID-19. You can read a bit more our work here:

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/app-gives-poor-pupils-a-mentor-to-guide-them-into-top-universities-w5mx5877f

We use the Zoom API to power the video calls on our mentoring platform, where our low-income school students connect with their mentors in one-to-one video calls for advice about applying to university in this difficult time. Zoom has worked absolutely brilliantly for us in terms of powering our free-to-use mentoring (the core of our social impact!), but we recently made the decision to amend our Zoom integration from a private to a public app to make the integration process easier for the users on our mentoring platform.

As such, this has meant we needed to have our Zoom integration re-approved on the marketplace. We re-submitted our application on Wednesday 24th, after including some additional documentation after an initial review.

I just wondered whether it would be possible to review our application at some point this weekend now that we are beyond the SLA of 72 hours? The only reason I ask is that our low-income students currently can’t connect with their mentors through our mentoring platform until our integration is re-approved - and we just want to make sure none of them lose out in the meantime!

1 Like

Hey @ZeroGravity,

We should be able to review your app this week! :slight_smile:

Thanks for your patience,
Tommy

Thanks for the reply @tommy. We’d really appreciate if this could be done ASAP though as our social impact has had to be put on hold unfortunately until we can get re-approved on the marketplace.

Best Wishes,

Joe

@Tommy Hope you and the Zoom Team are doing well.

We had our application re-reviewed last night. We were left a little perplexed regarding the feedback on our documentation, as the two suggestions given by the reviewer for improving the documentation were already included in our FAQ document. To make this clearer for both reviewers and Zero Gravity users, we’ve now added two separate articles to our Intercom on these two suggestion points, in addition to the guidance already contained in our FAQ.

I just wondered whether you and your team could take another look at this today so we don’t have to go back to the beginning of the review process again? As mentioned, we’re a non-profit which mentors school students from disadvantaged backgrounds, and until our Zoom App is approved our students are unable to connect with their mentors. Zoom has done a great job supporting our social impact to date, so it would be fantastic if we could get this over the line so we can get the mentoring moving again!

Best Wishes,

Joe

Hi @tommy, hope you’re having a good day!

Just wondered whether it would be possible to take a quick look at the documentation amendments so we can get going with this!

Thank you,

Joe

Hey @ZeroGravity,

Happy to request a prioritization for your app. Is your app name “Zero Gravity”?

Also please be patient as we are doing the best we can to support everyone in a timely matter. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

Hi @tommy ,

Thanks for getting back to us, and hope you’re having a good day!

Our app name is ‘Zero Gravity’ and it was submitted from safeguarding@zerogravity.co.uk

Really appreciate your help with this.

Best Wishes,

Joe