Unable to delete meeting file

Hello everyone, I am trying to remove files from meetings and some have given me the situation described below:

When retrieving information from the meeting I check if there are files, as json:

So I’m trying to remove files by file, for example:

/v2/meetings/611611113/recordings/e7c03a12-8a25-46f1-a548-3fb4813e69c5

However the following message is returned to me:

{
“code”: 3301,
“message”: “There is no recording for this meeting”
}

Note: This does not happen at all meetings and there is nothing in common between them.

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

When removing the file, use the meeting_id instead of id and see if that works for you.

Thanks

Michael, the error has not yet occurred again so I could not test, but I understood the change and I believe that it will actually carry out the correction.

Tks !!

1 Like

Hi Michael, today I tested again with more recordings and the error occurred even with the suggested changes. Do you have any further suggestions of what could be happening?

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

Is the meeting that your using a recurring meeting? If so, then you will need to use the meeting uuid instead of the meeting id.

DELETE - https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/{meeting-uuid}/recordings/{recording_id}

Let us know if that works for you.

Thanks

Hi Michael, not even with this last command worked, there are still files that are not deleted. Even if I try a “Test Request” by the Zoom API the return is always this:

{
“Code”: 3301,
“Message”: “There is no recording for this meeting”
}

The strangest thing is that in the management panel the recordings are listed, as well as by the API. Recordings are always listed.

But when you try to delete it (even when a meeting has no files) it says the meeting does not exist.

Today I have 20 recordings that are not deleted by the API, I can only delete them if I do it manually through the management panel, which makes me believe that the panel performs the deletion in a different way from the API.

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

Can you double encode the UUID and see if you get a response back?

Hi @Michael_Purnell ,

I’m sorry. I could not understand what I should do, could you explain me in more detail.

@Felipe_Vicente,

The UUID that you have for example jL7wwwbcP/ROS0000G/J3D9Q==, you would double encode it so that it would look like this jL7qHbcPROS0000G%252FJ3D9Q%253D%253D. The reason is because the UUIDs that have a “/” in it may be causing problems.

Then after you double encode you input your uuid in your endpoint like this

DELETE - https://api.zoom.us/v2/meetings/jL7qHbcPROS0000G%252FJ3D9Q%253D%253D/recordings/1234567

Hello Michael, thank you for the reply, but it did not work for me.
See if I make the following requisition:

GET / v2 / users / 1sOzbiypQS-sfr7ds4ayfw / recordings? From = 2019-01-03 & amp; to = 2019-02-24 & amp; page_size = 300 HTTP / 1.1

I get a list of meetings, one of which I have problem follows below:

{
“uuid”: “etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg ==”,
“id”: 850739249,
“account_id”: “TKlTaWUsR9KIcYunsNomaw”,
“host_id”: “1sOzbiypQS-sfr7ds4ayfw”,
“topic”: “JUSPRO mediation meeting - Justice without Process!”,
“type”: 2,
“start_time”: “2019-01-30T12: 28: 05Z”,
“timezone”: “America / Sao_Paulo”,
“duration”: 19,
“total_size”: 0,
“recording_count”: 0,
“share_url”: “https://juspro.zoom.us/recording/share/AdUY7t_3kbESznUsl7ax_qNDd2iulfzs6oqWcmtb4QSwIumekTziMw”,
“recording_files”:
},

If I try to delete this way (with UUID)

DELETE / v2 / meetings / etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg ==? HTTP / 1.1

I get:

{
“code”: 300,
“message”: “Invalid meetingId”
}

If I try the way you mentioned it (with UUID encoded)

DELETE / v2 / meetings / etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg% 3D% 3D? HTTP / 1.1

I get:

{
}

And if I try to delete with ID only

DELETE / v2 / meetings / 850739249? HTTP / 1.1

I get:

{
“code”: 3001,
“message”: “Meeting 850739249 was not found or timed out.”
}

As you can see in GET the meeting exists and does not contain any files. If I try to delete it from the administrative panel I can delete it.

Could you tell me why this happens?

Thank you.

Can you try to double encode the UUID. For instance the original UUID is etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg == but afterwards.
1st encode - etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg%20%3D%3D
2nd encode - etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg%2520%253D%253D

Can you try to see if the 2nd encode works?

Thanks

I tried this way:

UUID: etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg==
1st encode: etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg%3D%3D
2nd encode: etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg%253D%253D

Everyone returns me:

{
}

Thanks

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

Our delete meeting API only accepts the Meeting ID and not the UUID. That’s why you’re getting that error.

Thanks

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

Looks like the meeting has already been deleted thats why the error is happening, we couldn’t find it within the Zoom portal as well.

Thanks

Michael the API in the GET method, returns me this meeting. And when I access the portal with my user, I can also see the meeting.

API:

{
“uuid”: “etLDOJL1QjCgguVtCJpXEg ==”,
“id”: 850739249,
“account_id”: “TKlTaWUsR9KIcYunsNomaw”,
“host_id”: “1sOzbiypQS-sfr7ds4ayfw”,
“topic”: “JUSPRO mediation meeting - Justice without Process!”,
“type”: 2,
“start_time”: “2019-01-30T12: 28: 05Z”,
“timezone”: “America / Sao_Paulo”,
“duration”: 19,
“total_size”: 0,
“recording_count”: 0,
“share_url”: “https://juspro.zoom.us/recording/share/AdUY7t_3kbESznUsl7ax_qNDd2iulfzs6oqWcmtb4QSwIumekTziMw”,
“recording_files”:
},

Portal:

But if I try to remove it by “Meetting ID”, I get the message below:

{
“code”: 3001,
“message”: “Meeting 850739249 was not found or timed out.”
}

What I would like to understand is that the “Delete” button on the portal works. What API method and parameters it uses to succeed in deleting the meeting. Do not you think this information could help us?

Thanks

@Michael_Purnell, did the examples I mentioned show that there is something wrong?
Is there any solution to this problem?
I created a script to perform these procedures and with this problem the script always has meetings to read, even though it has already verified them.

Thanks

@Michael_Purnell will you make a correction in the API for the reported problem?

@Ojus / @tim.slagle, sorry to include you in this thread, but @Michael_Purnell is no longer responding and if possible I would like a positioning regarding my problem. Thanks if you can help me.

Hi @Felipe_Vicente,

Can you make sure that all the meetings that you can’t delete have at least two unique attendees to the meeting? We’ve noticed an issue that meetings wont return for some APIs if it doesn’t have two or more attendees.

Thanks

Hi @Michael_Purnell,

Unfortunately, I did not notice if the meetings had one or more participants.
However I made the following change in my script. Previously I used the following API method:

/v2/meetings/850739249

I switched to:

/v2/meetings/850739249/recordings?action=trash

After the method was changed, the problem of removing the meetings was resolved. I do not know if this particular method might not contain the problem mentioned by you.

Thank you