Update: Recording download url 403 error

In my code now, I don’t use any access token, simply access the download_url, and it used to work perfectly until two days ago. Can you confirm that your rollback will not break my code? or should I integrate some kind of access_token I currently know nothing about?

Also, do we have an ETA on this issue?

1 Like

Please let us know when this issue will be fixed. This issue forced us to shutdown our services till fixed. We are in the process of finding the alternative options to pull the old files from the affected date till fix date (from Zoom cloud to customers). Is it possible for Zoom to trigger the recording (completed) notification for the old files? Thanks.

I also have the same question as we are not using access token as of now , simply using download_url. Do we have to change the code accordingly.

Hi @Everyone,

Good news! Our Engineers have worked tirelessly overnight to resolve the download url issue which you are experiencing. Now that the fix is in place, please try to use your access token with the download url to confirm that it is working.

Let us know if you are still experiencing this or any other issues.

Thanks

Thanks, all is working as usual again.

2 Likes

Is it possible to trigger the recording completed notification by Zoom for the recording done during the issue period? Otherwise there is no way we can upload the recording to our customers. Thanks.

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

You can get all recordings by date using the List all Recordings endpoint and then upload them respectively.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

See the bug/missing feature discussed here: BUG downloading cloud recordings with access token set results in an invalid response

Thanks for your help Ryan.

Hi Tommy,
Yes, we have been thinking about this option. We have to develop code to do. All our connectors looking for the recording completed notification and upload the files once received. Is it possible to trigger the recording completed notification by Zoom for the recording done during the issue period?

Thanks.

@Michael_Purnell
Thanks. We could download the recordings properly now.

1 Like

Hey @selva.iyyamperumal,

Unfortunately this is not possible as our webhook notifications are triggered by callbacks after the event occurs.

To accomplish what you want, you can get all the recordings and then reuse your existing logic/code to upload them to your cloud storage service / customers.

-Tommy

Is this happening all over again??? Apparently getting 403 when downloading recordings in the last 18 hours or so!

@tommy Even I’m getting the same issue. 403 forbidden while downloading recordings. Can you please check it ?

We are experiencing the same issues. Random recordings are returning a 403 when attempting to download via “download_url”

Hey @bdelaune, @te_zoom.admin, @shaharsol,

We are looking into the issue. (ZOOM-146185)

As a work around, please see my post here:

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks @tommy I confirm the workaround solves this issue for me.

1 Like

Thank you @tommy, That seemed to do the trick for now.

1 Like

Hey @bdelaune, @shaharsol, we will keep you updated on the official fix.

Glad the work around is working. :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@tommy whatever fix you’re planning to introduce, please just don’t break that workaround so we have time to migrate.

2 Likes