Using the UNo Platform to make a win32 app ? can we then convert to MacOS from Windows SDK?

Description
I want to have a modern UI look and we were looking into using the UNO platform.

However, this does require C# and we understand that there is a C# wrapper we can build on top of with the Windows client SDK
Also, we came across this reference and article on the UNO platfrom site

Now we were wondering the following:

• We understand that the ZOOM SDK is not compatible with UWP (universal windows programs). However is it compatible with WIN UI? (the UI framework for win32 apps) In addition, will it be compatible with the UNO platform?
  • if it’s compatible with the UNO platform, will we be able to port to Mac OS even if the code base is using the Windows SDK?
    An example of a port can be found here

Which Client Windows SDK version?
v5.4.54802.0124

Device (please complete the following information):

• XPS 15 9560
  • Windows 10 Pro 20H2

Additional context
This is for a semester-long project so please note that time is limited. We do not have access to macs on a regular basis so it would be hard to develop and test for them regularly.
We are really trying to make something cross-platform but we can not use the electron SDK since it doesn’t have access to the breakout rooms API.(something like AssignUserToBO() in the Windows SDK)

Hey @ekaram,

Thanks for using the dev forum! It is good to see you again :slight_smile:

We are not very familiar with the UNO platform, however I did a quick look at their webpage and I didn’t see anything that looked like it would break the SDK. So my gut instinct is that UNO is compatible with the SDK. However, developer support will be limited for this integration since we can only support SDK specific inquiries and not UNO integration inquiries.

This would depend on the capability of the port. I would say this is not possible to be safe. The Windows SDK is specifically designed for Windows and would not work on a Mac. However, you can leverage the MacOS SDK to build your own version of the electron SDK if you would like. Again, developer support here would be limited in this endeavor. We will almost always advise to use the native SDK for each platform you would like to support. Cross-platform integrations can be tricky to troubleshoot and debug, both for the developer and Zoom itself.

Thanks!
Michael

1 Like

Hey Michael
So we ran into an issue when merging the SDK with a UNO platform project,
The UNO platform uses .NEt core instead of .NET Framework(which what the SDK uses)

Is there a workaround to this if not we are gonna end up using this

Hey @ekaram,

I see, is there a .NET version for UNO?

Thanks!
Michael

It works on .NET core which is what makes it cross-platform. We couldn’t find a .NET Framework version

Hey @ekaram,

I see. Unfortunately, I think you will have to go another direction.

Michael

Alright awesome

we are going to use the following to implement this. It was easy to add to the already working demo

1 Like

Hey @ekaram,

Sounds good! Let us know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.