Where to find the information in exported csv file using APIs

Hi,

Instead of manually download the exported csv file for the past meetings and details, I am trying to retrieve the information programmatically using zoom APIs. However, with the provided APIs, I am not able to find the data shown in the exported csv file, such as host “Group”, “Host Data Center”, “Encryption”, “Cipher”, participant’s “Device”, “Location”, used meeting devices, as well as video/audio jitter, latency, etc. The APIs I have tried include:
/meetings/{meeting_id}
/meetings/{meeting_id}/livestream
/past_meetings/{meeting_id}
/past_meetings/{meeting_id}/instances
/past_meetings/{meeting_id}/participants
/metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants
/metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants/qos
/metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants/{user_id}/qos
/metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants/sharing
/metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants/satisfaction
/live_meetings/{meeting_id}/events
/report/meetings/{meeting_id}
/report/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants
/report/meetings/{meeting_id}/polls

Are these data available to be retrieved using APIs?

Thanks,

Hey @jizheng,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. When it comes to retrieving this information, you’ll likely want to use a combination of our APIs.

Let me know if that helps or if you’re looking for any additional information.

Thanks,
Max

Hi Max,

Thank you very much for the quick reply.

1. Host Group. I saw the data field, “group_ids”, in /user/{user_id} API. I do not have case with this data filled. I will check later.

2. Host Data Center.

The top part is the exported csv file. It shows “OOR” for “Host Data Center” field. But in Postman screens, “customer_data_center_regions” is “false”, from /user/{user_id}/settings API. The right bottom API call shows it is the user’s id and name connection.

3. Meeting participants QOS.

The top part is the exported meeting details in cvs file. There are some network and QOS data circled. But the suggested /metrics/meetings/{meeting_id}/participants/qos/ API does not return anything. I tried a couples of other APIs, listed in my original post, but did find the data shown in the csv file.

4. Encryption type.
    I do see “encryption_type”: “enhanced_encryption”, from /meeting/{meeting_id} API. I guess “AES 256 GCM” is the “enhanced_encryption”, right?

Thanks,
Jin

Hey @jizheng,

Thank you for the detailed information!

It doesn’t look like we have an API that will provide the precise data center that a host is using. If you set custom_data_center_regions to true, you’ll be able to see the data_center_regions that are locked to the user (i.e. US) but not the specific data center.

If you would like this feature to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

When calling the List Meeting Participants QOS API, make sure that you are setting the type query parameter to past in order to obtain a list of past meetings. Otherwise, the value will default to live meetings.

That’s correct.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.