Get User's Meetings, Meetings' Past Instances and Past Meeting Instance's Participants

Description
What is the recommended and most stable way to get a user’s past meeting instances?

Error
Using /users/{userId}/meetings to get a user’s meetings is often inconsistent in that sometimes I get results from using all of the types (scheduled, live, upcoming) and other times I get nothing from using the same query parameters. Therefore, i cannot consistently get Past Meeting Instances as there are cases when I don’t even have a Meeting List (for meeting IDs) to work with.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

/users/{userId}/meetings

/past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances

/past_meetings/{meetingUUID}/participants

Additional context
Basically I’m working on a system that does the following:
1.) List Users using ( /users)
2.) List all of a User’s meetings including live, scheduled, and upcoming using ( /users/{userId}/meetings)
3.) List a Meeting’s Past Instances using ( /past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances)
4.) List a Past Meeting Instance’s participants using ( /past_meetings/{meetingUUID}/participants)

The only step I can get consistent results from is Step 1. But every now and again, the results from Step 2 become inconsistent. A user can have meetings listed and then none. Though this maybe an instance of those meetings being live when I first query and is ended when I query again. Or maybe they were scheduled but not recurring so they appear the first time but is already ended when I query the second time.

It would be of great help if someone could explain to me the nuances of the [/users/{userId}/meetings] endpoint. Because I do not understand how I’m supposed to get Past Meeting Instances if I don’t have any results from the user meetings to get the meetingUUIDs from.

Thank you in advance for an guidance that anyone can provide.

Hey @egedwigin,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. This is a great question, there are certainly differences between the APIs that you listed. The /users/{userId}/meetings endpoint will not return past meetings or instant meetings. I think your theory about the inconsistency being related to this is correct.

Instead, if you have a Pro plan or higher, I recommend using the Get Meeting Reports API to retrieve past meetings while the List Meetings API can be used for live, upcoming and scheduled meetings

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.