200 invalid api key or secret, testing in postman

I have read several posts on the same issue, and for a server to server Oauth I can get a token but when using the token I keep getting “Invalid api key or secret”.

Also, I am trying to find the user id for my accounts email, in order to create webinars using the API so the call failing is v2/users/{userId} passing in the email.

I am not accessing account endpoints, I have all the necessary scopes on the token, but API calls in postman fail with this error using Authorization Bearer headers after obtaining a fresh token.

“scope”: “meeting:master meeting:read:admin meeting:write:admin meeting_token:read:admin:live_streaming meeting_token:read:admin:local_archiving meeting_token:read:admin:local_recording recording:master recording:read:admin recording:write:admin user:master user:read:admin user:write:admin webinar:master webinar:read:admin webinar:write:admin webinar_token:read:admin:live_streaming webinar_token:read:admin:local_archiving webinar_token:read:admin:local_recording”

Trying to change grant to account_credentials from client_credentials and supplying account_id on the token call gives bad request.

So its not clear from documentation why I can get a token but it won’t work against the API’s using server to server. Documentation needs to be clear and validation/error messages clearer it seems like this has come up all over the threads but under varying circumstances.

Hi @inject
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
Please refer to this post on how to use our Server-to-Server OAuth app in postman

Let me know if this helps,
Elisa

Thanks, one last question. Is the only way to get the user id of the owner to call users/ endpoint and extract the id that way? We need to create webinars under the host account using the server to server app, but the ID isn’t anywhere in the dashboard in Zoom profile so that has to be part of the process in code to extract user id from API call then call create/post webinar API?

Hi @inject
This is the only way to get users ID via API yes.
I believe they are not available in the web portal but you should also be able to create meetings using the email associated to the host

This topic was automatically closed 368 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.