Ability to bypass "Open in Zoom" prompt when tapping "Join Meeting" button

Posting on behalf of a customer:

When an iOS user clicks a “Join Meeting” button on our web application, we use a custom URL scheme (e.g., zoomus://zoom.us/join?confno=123456789&pwd=xxxx&zc=0&browser=chrome&uname=Betty) to launch the installed Zoom client, following the instructions from your support document Developer Platform | Zoom.

We have many users who are complaining that every time they click on our “Join Meeting” button, they have to answer the question “Open in Zoom” [Cancel/Open] (see attachment).

Question is: is there any way to bypass this confirmation every single time? The only technology of which I’m aware that can do this is Apple’s “Universal Links” (Universal Links - Apple Developer)–is there any possibility of using a Universal Link to be able to bypass the “Open in Zoom” [Cancel/Open] dialog? Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Hi Trae617,

Thanks for your interest in Zoom product. Since this is not a SDK related question thus my answer might not be authoritative. Yes, the Universal Links could do the trick.

Thanks!

Hi i am too facing the same issue…Even after using “zoommtg:” protocol, a dialog pops on screen for confirmation before opening the Zoom App…Please find the attached pic

How to avoid the pop up confirmation & directlty launch the Zoom Client from my web application.Please giude asap!

Thank you!

Hi myknowledgeparkapp,

Thanks for the post. Since this is not related to Zoom SDK, please contact Zoom support at https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/201362003 and one of the Zoom client experts will be happy to help you.

Thanks!