Allow recording by user and meeting

Looking to grant recording access to a future meeting by user, I understand that this can be accomplished by adding/removing a user from a recording group but its is granular enough to just say what specific meeting a user can record?

I’m using JWT and looking to use the API.

Any help is appreciated :slight_smile:

Thanks

Hi @victor.khazen,

Good question. One way to accomplish this would be to disable cloud recording for the meeting. You can use the Update Meeting endpoint to disable recording for a meeting:

You can set auto_recording to none.

Let me know if this helps :slight_smile:

Will

Thanks Will,

Maybe I am not understanding this correctly, disabling recording is half of the issue, how would I allow a specific user of the meeting access to record or is this not option? I’m thinking that its not a user based option only meeting based.

Hi @victor.khazen,

Allowing a specific user to record a meeting would have to be set under each user’s individual settings, or by adding them to a given group with a certain set of permissions, as you suggested. There isn’t an alternative method of controlling this outside of these options.

Let me know if this helps to clarify,
Will

Thanks for clarifying @will.zoom, I think we will stick with the group option.

No problem, happy to help clarify. :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.