Android SDK - HD720 Sending / SD480 Receiving

Hi,

We did build Android SDK from sample app with “enable HD720 = true”.

Our device can send HD720P/SD480P but when it receives video, quality is SD320.

If far site share content (video clip) the quality that SDK receives is HD720P.

We don’t know why there is a difference between:

• Videos sending and received videos on Android devices using the SDK
  • The quality of the received video and the quality of the shared content (video clip) received

Please advise.

Thanks and Best Regards.

Hi @anhnt, thanks for the post.

When enabling HD video, there is more at play than just an SDK flag. For more information on this feature, please see the support article for group HD. Please note that there are some constraints mentioned in that article, so HD video will not always be available.

Thanks!

Hi Jon;

Our account with Group HD is set to Full HD1080P. Full HD quality approved by Zoom.

Thanks.

Hi Jon;

We don’t know why there is a difference between:

• Videos sending and received videos on Android devices using the SDK
  • The quality of the received video and the quality of the shared content (video clip) received

One more thing that, if there are more than 3 participants in meeting, Video resolution of SDK decrease from HD720P to SD480P

Thanks

Hi @anhnt,

The following quote for the top of the page linked in my previous reply should be useful in answering your questions:

For the time being, standard video, not HD video, will be activated when 3 or more participants join a group meeting. HD video (720p) will be activated for 2 participants or when a Zoom Room or Conference Room Connector joins a group meeting. HD video (1080p) will only be activated for selective use cases such as large format broadcast events.

Additionally, please note that we do not currently support 1080p on the mobile clients or SDKs. 1080p is only available on the desktop.

Thanks!

Hi Jon;

We did config Group HD before testing.

Thanks

Hi @anhnt,

I completely understand that you have enabled the setting for your account. :slightly_smiling_face:

In addition to that setting, there are constraints around when HD video may be used in a meeting, which have been outlined in my previous replies.

Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.