Automatic RECORDINGS of zoom are SPLIT when participants quit

I’m using zoom for an online school. Participants join before host (participants=teachers and students) and recordings start automatically. Sometimes, students or teachers quit meetings for some reason and the recording stops. After the end of the meeting, I find that more than one recording is generated and I’d like just one recording to be generated. Is there a way to make this happen? No matter what happens on participants’ end, bad network or whatsoever, recordings should not stop!

Hi @itasas
Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to our Developer Community!
I have not seen this issue in the past, the recording should not stop unless the host is the one having connectivity issues or if the host leaves the meeting at some point.

Hi @itasas , I’d also check your account recording settings to see if you’re generating multiple files for active speaker, gallery view, shared screen, etc.

Our Zoom Community may also have the best advice on how to use the Cloud Recordings feature of Meetings:

1 Like

Hello Elisa. If the meeting has two participants and both of them quit the meeting, of course the recording will stop. And when one of them rejoins, the recording will start again. In this scenario, zoom will show two recordings in the recording section and not only one.

Can you please create a ticket for this? That’s my email address
elomrani.amin@gmail.com
Thanks so much.