Black screen and frozen recording on iOS

Description
I’ve been having an issue with ScreenShare on iOS. I use a combination of screen share and cloud recording in order to get the user’s screen while they’re using our app. Everything seems to work fine while screen sharing, but the resulting recording is often “broken”. And by broken, I mean that it sometimes shows only a black screen, and at times the recording seems to get frozen, showing only what appears to be the first frame captured for the entirety of the recording. This issue happens only on iOS.

Errors
No error messages are displayed in the console or in the application.

Which React Native Video SDK version?

Troubleshooting Routes
I’ve tried calling the zoom helper methods (such as startScreenShare and startRecording) directly from the Native side in hopes of bypassing the react-native bridge but it didn’t seem to change anything. Tried updating the iOS Video SDK from 1.4.0 to 1.5.2 but that did not seem to make any difference.

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: iPhone SE 2nd generation, iPhone 11

Additional context
I am at a loss here because this weird behaviour does not happen consistently, it seems to happen randomly and I am having a hard time pinpointing what is the root cause here.

I took a few test runs on the app and gathered all the logs from both the host app (our app) and the app extension (ScreenShare), along with the resulting recordings that I downloaded from the Zoom dashboard, maybe that could shed some light on what’s going on. Here is a link to a zip with the logs.

I know the question might seem a little vague, but I am primarily looking for advice and directions on how to debug this and find out what’s going on. Maybe there are some specific parts of the SDK/my code that could be at fault here? Any guidance or advice will be much appreciated, thanks!

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.