BlackMagic Camera Devices not listed in Zoom SDK

Description
Blackmagic is UltraStudio Mini Recorder capture device connected via Thunderbolt to a Macbook Pro. In the newest SDK camera/video device is not listed.

Which version?

To Reproduce(If applicable)
When calling getCameraList() the device does not show up, however it’s listed when getting audio devices with Microphone = YES

Screenshots
N/A

Plataform:

• Device: MacOS

Additional context
Latest stable driver v11, Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder capture device connected via Thunderbolt to a Macbook Pro, more info at BlackMagicDesign website

Hi @john.vidal, thanks for the post.

Can you please provide a code snippet showing how you are retrieving the camera device?

Additionally, are you able to use this camera with the Zoom client and the SDK’s default meeting UI?

Thanks!

We tried both the official Zoom app and the SDK (via Zoom’s SDK sample) with the default meeting UI and both are able to use the Blackmagic camera

ZoomSDKSettingService *ss = [[ZoomSDK sharedSDK] getSettingService];
    if (!ss) return; // ss is nil before joining a meeting
    NSArray *cameraList = [[ss getVideoSetting] getCameraList]; // cameraList does not include `Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder` however, it does include the built in FaceTime camera and OBS Virtual Cam
    NSMutableArray *cams = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
    for (SDKDeviceInfo *info in cameraList) {
        [cams addObject:[[SAMZoomSDKDevice alloc] initWithName:[info getDeviceName] deviceId:[info getDeviceID]]];
    }
    [self setVideoDevices:cams];
    NSArray *audioList = [[ss getAudioSetting] getAudioDeviceList:YES]; // audioList does include `Blackmagic UltraStudio Mini Recorder`
    NSMutableArray *auds = [[NSMutableArray alloc] init];
    for (SDKDeviceInfo *info in audioList) {
        [auds addObject:[[SAMZoomSDKDevice alloc] initWithName:[info getDeviceName] deviceId:[info getDeviceID]]];
    }
    [self setAudioDevices:auds];

Hi @john.vidal,

Thanks for providing that information. I’m not seeing anything wrong in your code, so we will have to investigate this and let you know as soon as we have identified a solution.

Thanks!

Hi @john.vidal,

Can you please provide the logs from your application when you are trying to connect to this device? (file path:~/Library/Logs/appName)

You can send them over to developersupport@zoom.us and mention me and/or this thread.

Thanks!

We have identified that the BlackMagic camera can have only one application using it at the same time. If we close all computer apps it seems that it works as intended. That why the audio channel was being displayed successfully. So, It’s possible that is a driver problem or a BlackMagic limitation.

If you have any insights about a video source that requires exclusivity (one application only) please let me know

Hi @john.vidal,

Glad to hear you’ve managed to get it usable! Based on personal experiences, I have had no issues with multiple processes using the same camera input simultaneously. For example, I can run 2 SDK apps and the Zoom client on my machine, join a meeting on all 3, and have all 3 of them transmit the same video stream. It sounds like you are on the right track that it could be a driver or device limitation.

Thanks!