Cant delete cloud recordings via API (using admin JWT) "200: No permission"

Description
Hello,

Im trying to delete either all or some cloud recordings from any meeting, hosted by any user and the endpoint fails with a No permission error. This JWT was generated by an Admin user. This admin user was only created to manage cloud recordings, it has no meetings belonging to it. This is for a nodejs application/internal api that needs account-wide access, no user auth.

With this user, I can delete recordings via the zoom Manage Recordings browser UI

What could be happening?

Thanks in advance

Error

{
	"code": 200,
	"message": "No permission."
}

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
DELETE v2/meetings/88285443629/recordings?action=trash
or
DELETE v2/meetings/WG3eKYJmSsm6AlN4%252BixobQ%253D%253D/recordings?action=trash
or
DELETE v2/meetings/WG3eKYJmSsm6AlN4%252BixobQ%253D%253D/recordings/87871e38-4132-4b7a-9a60-7572ba976850?action=trash

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

> DELETE /v2/meetings/WG3eKYJmSsm6AlN4%252BixobQ%253D%253D/recordings?action=trash HTTP/2
> Host: api.zoom.us
> user-agent: insomnia/2021.7.2
> cookie: cred=2005BB361FAF5786160B753BA3B60AFE; _zm_ssid=aw1_c__ru4AqHOQaKANUcNv3MP4Q
> authorization: Bearer {JWT}
> accept: */*
{
	"code": 200,
	"message": "No permission."
}

Screenshots (If applicable)
None

Additional context
If i pass an invalid id or uuid i get a

{
	"code": 3301,
	"message": "This recording does not exist."
}

I do have this account setting enabled.

The host can delete cloud recordings

Hello, any help with this issue?

Hi Ricardo,
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
I see that you are getting No permission message when trying to delete meeting recordings via API.
Could you please try generating a new JWT token an try again?

I do not see why you could be getting the error because the JWT will let you delete recordings that belong to that account.

Hope this helps,
Elisa

Hello @elisa.zoom
Thank you for your reply.

I’ve just generated another JWT inside the Marketplace, then my JWT Account-wide App, then App Credentials, then JWT Token. I can browse the other endpoints just fine, but i still cant delete any recording. Wish i could tell you something else.

Hi @ricardo-dev
Interesting, I would like to debug this issue further because I am not able to replicate this behavior on my end. Please send me an email to developersupport@zoom.us with a link to this thread and in that email could you please share the email address associated to your account

Best,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.