Could not resolve com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1 for zoom-sdk-android-5.5.1.1319

Adding the zoom-sdk-android-5.5.1.1319 and commonlib and mobilertc aswell when i am trying to run the app it is showing the error “Could not resolve com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1” Even added the implementation ‘com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1’ but could not solve the issue.

ext.kotlin_version = “1.5.10”
repositories {
google()
mavenCentral()
}
dependencies {
classpath ‘com.android.tools.build:gradle:4.2.2’
classpath “org.jetbrains.kotlin:kotlin-gradle-plugin:$kotlin_version”

added the error message SS. Can anyone please help me solve this issue

Hi @imranrana07, thanks for using our SDK.

It looks like there are some missing dependencies in your project. To resolve this, take a look at the sample project included with the SDK and ensure that your mobilertc/build.gradle file matches the contents of the same file in the sample project.

Thanks!

i have added
multiDexEnabled true
vectorDrawables.useSupportLibrary = true

lintOptions {
checkReleaseBuilds false
abortOnError false
}
and
implementation project(’:commonlib’)
implementation project(’:mobilertc’)
but still did not work

one more thing what i see,gradle cannot resolve flexbox 2.0.1 but can recognize flexbox:3.0.0’.
is that any reason of showing error?

Do you have any solution for my question?

Hi @imranrana07,

It seems that you are looking at the build.gradle file found in your app module. If you take a look at the build.gradle file found in the mobilertc module of the sample app, you should see the following:

configurations.create("default")
artifacts.add("default", file('mobilertc.aar'))

dependencies.add("default","androidx.security:security-crypto:1.1.0-alpha02")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.crypto.tink:tink-android:1.5.0")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.swiperefreshlayout:swiperefreshlayout:1.0.0")

dependencies.add("default","androidx.appcompat:appcompat:1.0.0")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.constraintlayout:constraintlayout:1.1.3")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android.material:material:1.2.0-alpha03")
dependencies.add("default","com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1")
dependencies.add("default","androidx.multidex:multidex:2.0.0")

Adding these to your project’s mobilertc/build.gradle file should resolve the issue.

Thanks!

It is because you have made mavenCentral as your repository source and com.google.android:flexbox:2.0.1 cannot be found in mavenCentral.

1 Like

Thanks @hangma, great catch!

It is definitely a good idea to ensure that the correct repositories have been added to your project’s build.gradle file. Currently, the sample app contains the following:

repositories {
    google()
    jcenter()
}

Thanks!

So what’s the solution now?

Hi @imranrana07,

Can you try adding the jcenter() line to the repositories block in your build.gradle file?

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.