Create full-flow transcript by user of usage in meeting from client side

Howdy, I’m still a bit new to all of this so please excuse my ignorance on some of these topics.

I am attempting to create a very detailed log of zoom meetings from a participating user’s client. There are a few things that I’d like to track through the meetings in real-time which I’m not sure are possible. My goal with this question is to determine if this is a feasible thing to accomplish using the built-in Zoom features.

The first thing I want to track is a detailed timeline of the user’s active voice channels with timestamps. I want to go through a log and determine at any timestamp through the meeting who is talking. I need this to include all open user’s audio-streams so, so if there’s overlapping I need to be able to identify that multiple users are speaking concurrently.

I’m also looking to be able to record and save the independent audio channels from each user’s client. For instance, if two people in the meeting talk at the same time, I would like to be able to listen to each user’s audio independently to be able to identify what each participant is saying if it’s unclear from the conjoined audio file we normally get from the recordings.

I want all this to be able to be a client-side recording action, where I can join the meeting as a participant and collect these logs throughout the meetings. This does not have to be real-time, but if real-time requests are necessary, that’s alright.

I would greatly appreciate some help in getting started and some pointers in the right direction. Once I have the data I’ll be able to work with it but I don’t want to spend hours going through the Zoom documentation if there aren’t ways to do some of these things.

Thanks!

Hey @seanjones,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. These are great questions!

The first thing I want to track is a detailed timeline of the user’s active voice channels with timestamps. I want to go through a log and determine at any timestamp through the meeting who is talking. I need this to include all open user’s audio-streams so, so if there’s overlapping I need to be able to identify that multiple users are speaking concurrently.

The best option to accomplish this currently is to use Audio Transcription for Cloud Recordings. However, this requires a Business plan or higher. This is also possible using the iOS SDK but only for the active speaker.

I’m also looking to be able to record and save the independent audio channels from each user’s client. For instance, if two people in the meeting talk at the same time, I would like to be able to listen to each user’s audio independently to be able to identify what each participant is saying if it’s unclear from the conjoined audio file we normally get from the recordings.

Currently, we don’t have an API endpoint or Web SDK feature that would allow this. While we do have our new Zoom Fully Customizable SDK that is separate from our client SDKs and doesn’t have all the same abilities as Zoom Meetings. Again, you would be able to accomplish something similar using Cloud Recording but the audio streams would be combined.

I want all this to be able to be a client-side recording action, where I can join the meeting as a participant and collect these logs throughout the meetings. This does not have to be real-time, but if real-time requests are necessary, that’s alright.

When using Cloud Recordings, this data would only be available after the meeting has ended and the recording has been processed. However, you wouldn’t need to be a participant in the meeting to pull this data.

If you would like these features to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the Feature Requests category.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.