Sometimes (we aren’t able to determine when this happens), when creating a meeting using the API with only the default “settings”, the information in the response does not match the information in the UI. The returned “ID” in the response is a newly generated number, but the join_url in the response has the user’s PMI (despite leaving settings.use_pmi as the default (false)). In the UI, both the join_url and the ID are the user’s PMI. This is confusing our users. This does not happen always, but only sometimes.
- Meeting created with PMI instead of new ID
- “ID” in API response does not match ID in Zoom website (on website the ID displayed is the PMI)
- “ID” in API response does not match “join_url” in API reponse.
Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:
- POST to create a meeting using the default “settings”
- Check response. Is id different than the number in join_url? Is the meeting code in the code the user’s PMI?
Screenshots (If applicable)