Create new meeting with Zapier

Description
I am using zapier to create a meeting from a form on my site. Everything works great using a testing JWT token but I have not found out how to generate these tokens dynamically when needed. Also, I have tried the zoom/zapier integration but it does not do everything I need.

I have found some ways to generate the JWT token but none that work with zapier.

Error
This is the error I am seeing on zapier:
The app returned “Invalid access token.”. Try reconnecting your account. This usually happens when we can’t connect to your account for an app or service because your password was changed or Zapier’s access was revoked. We made a request to api.zoom.us and received (401) Nothing.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST meetings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. URL: https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{host_id}/meetings
  2. Header:
    Content-Type: application/json
    Authorization: bearer {token}

Screenshots (If applicable)

Additional context

Hi @easyinterface, check out our documentation on JWT Authorization. There are a number of libraries linked there from JWT.io which you can use.

These tokens are not meant to be generated client-side; you’ll need a backend service or function to generate these tokens uniquely.

Thank you, Michael! Does that mean zapier is not the method I should be using for creating meetings from a form on our website? Unfortunately I do not think I have the coding knowledge to implement this on the backend.

Hey @easyinterface, it’s probably not the best way to create a meeting. You would need to connect it to something with a secure backend service, otherwise you’d be exposing your API Secret client-side (in the browser).

I’ll put it on my to-do list to make a guide for this, but this can be built without a server using AWS Lamda functions. Netlify Functions or Heroku are good ways to set these up.