Create Poll Web API cannot set question optional

Description
We are currently integrating zoom webinars into our application and are creating polls for our planned webinars, so we can inquire participant interests accurately.

However, we discovered today that the polls created through the api, require the participants to pick at least one answer per question, which is not desired.
We want our participants to be able to answer or skip any question if they choose to do so.
Sadly at the moment this seems to be unsupported according to Create webinar’s poll API
Is that option hidden in the POST request (similar to creating webinars via templates), or are we simply not able to set questions to optional via the API?

Error
Creating webinar polls via the api makes answering questions mandatory, without any option to deactivate it

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Create Webinar
  2. Add poll with multiple questions via the API
  3. Hold webinar
  4. Let participants answer the poll
  5. Participants are unable to skip questions if so desired

Additional Context
It is not feasible to simply create “none of the above” answers in the questions, as that would not only be a huge undertaking, but also cumbersome for the users
It is also not realistic to go into our zoom account and change the questions manually, we might have Users external to our company create webinars and polls and we do not want to share our credentials with them

If this is not resolvable we might have to change to a different web-meeting provider, as polling and inquiry of our participants was our main concern.

With regards

Hey @manuel.merzinger,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. While the API doesn’t currently have the ability to mark a question as optional I do think that would be a really valuable feature.

Would you be able to create a post in our #feature-requests category and send me the link? I’ll forward that to our engineering team.

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM,

thank you for your quick response.

Here is the feature request, I hope it is sufficiently filled with details:

If there is anything else you would like to know, or need any more information, please be free to contact me.

As an additional question, is there currently a way to set webinar poll questions optional by other means? I’ve looked through your documentation and either I have missed it, or it is not described yet.
I could have sworn that at one point the option for “optional” flashed up in the web-application, but I am not sure of the circumstances that were present at the moment, nor if I remember it correctly.

Thank you for your support.

With Regards,

Manuel

Hi @manuel.merzinger ,

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and sending the feature request! Unfortunately, we do not have any workarounds to create optional poll questions. Let us know if you figure something out that the Developer Community could use.

Sincerely,
Gianni

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.