Create Webinar API endpoint uses arbitrary required registration fields

Using this template helps us debug your issues more effectively :slight_smile:

Description
Hello. I am creating webinars POSTing to users/me/webinars, which works reasonably well.

Error
The main problem with it is that even though I am not using any webinar template (and none of the existing templates use this setting), there are registration fields like “address”, “zip” etc. selected as required for the webinar. There is even one of the three possible custom registration fields selected as required which makes absolutely no sense to me. I also see no way to change these settings through the API which currently means I have to fill these fields with random data on registration through the API.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
POST users/me/webinars

Screenshots (If applicable)

Brand new webinar created through the API. Arbitrary fields selected as required, no template used and none of the existing templates have these settings.

Even one of the custom registration fields selected - no rhyme or reason visible to me.

How can I prevent these fields from being required on creation or at least change this through the API?

Hi @philvdb
Thanks for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum, I am happy to help here!
You can actually change this setting in your Account Management tab.
Go to Account Settings > Admin Options > Webinar registration options
And click on Webinar Registration Settings

Hope this helps,
Elisa

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.