Custom UI for Chat in meeting

Hello,
I am using custom UI, and on a button click i want to open chat view with my custom UI how to achieve that.
Currently i am using MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService()?.presentMeetingChatViewController( self , userId: userId) by which chat view is visible, but i wanted my custom UI to render for chats.
Thanks.

Hi dev-admin-demo,

Thanks for the post. If you would like to use your own chat UI, you can draw your own UI and leverage the corresponding interfaces, such as:

Calling the presentMeetingChatViewController( self , userId: userId) will call our built-in chat component. We provide it for some users who do not want to developer their own chat UI.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hello @carson.zoom, thanks i integrated these.
While calling this method - ms.sendChat(toUser: userId, withContent: txtMessage.text!)
I received - MobileRTCSendChatError(rawValue: 1)

can you please guide what might have went wrong?

Hi dev-admin-demo,

Thanks for the reply. The error code rawValue: 1 means the send chat request was failed(obviously :slight_smile: ). We might need more info in order to help you. May I ask what did you do before calling the sendChatToUser interface(Or how to reproduce this error?). Or could you provide the SDK log for us to further investigate?

Thanks!

Thanks, its working :slight_smile:

Thanks Carson! :slight_smile:

Happy to hear it is working @dev-admin-demo.

-Tommy