Do the new account-level chat channel APIs support 1:1 chats?

Hey Zoom Team,

Great news on the new Account-level Chat Channel APIs. Thanks!

We’re researching how we can use these APIs instead of the deprecated IM Chat APIs, but we can’t figure out how to get all of the 1:1 chats between users. Our use case is to retrieve and archive ALL chat content for our customers: channels and chats.

Are there Account-level Chat APIs coming soon? Or are we missing something?

Hey @clippermadness

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout these related threads that may have the answer you are looking for:

If these threads did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Would any humans from Zoom like to weigh in? :slight_smile:

Hey @clippermadness,

Thanks for reaching out about this! At the moment, the best way to get a users’s chat messages is the List User’s Chat Messages endpoint:

At this time, we don’t have an account-level endpoint for you to query all of the messages across users. My recommendation would be to first query our Users List endpoint to get a list of users, and feed that into the first chat endpoint linked above.

That said, an account-wide endpoint is a great suggestion—if you’re so inclined, I think it would be great to add to our #feature-requests channel.

Let me know if this helps!
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.