Electron app crashes when ending a meeting (apple.audio.IOThread)

My Electron app randomly crashes when ending a meeting. I get the following error:

Exception Type:        EXC_BAD_ACCESS (SIGSEGV)
Exception Codes:       KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at 0x0000000114a73088
Exception Note:        EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Termination Signal:    Segmentation fault: 11
Termination Reason:    Namespace SIGNAL, Code 0xb
Terminating Process:   exc handler [0]

VM Regions Near 0x114a73088:
    MALLOC_LARGE           0000000114867000-0000000114a73000 [ 2096K] rw-/rwx SM=PRV  
--> 
    VM_ALLOCATE            0000000114e8b000-0000000114e94000 [   36K] rw-/rw- SM=PRV 

Full log can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuga11lh17g9gt0/electron_crash.txt?dl=0

This seems to happen randomly (not every time) but when it does happen, it happens when the meeting ends.

I am using the latest version of the Electron SDK, running on Mac High Sierra (10.13).

Hi nikhita,

Thanks for the post and the detailed info. Based on the information you provided, it seems like some of the unexpected/undefined behavior from the Mac OS’s core audio module is causing this crash. Since this error is from the system level and we are not able to provide fix to the system, it is really hard for us to fix or provide a solution at the moment. We will keep an eye on this and continue investigating this issue.

May I inquire what is the frequency of this issue occurs? (How many times? How often?)

Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks!

Hi Carson,

The frequency is totally random I find, sometimes it will crash multiple times before running fine, and other times it will not crash at all. If I had to put a frequency on it, I would say 20-10% of the time it will crash. But it is always when the meeting ends, which made me wonder if there was some issue with how the audio module was used when the meeting ends. I should note, I have tried it on multiple computers with different hardware specifications, and different versions of the Zoom sdk, and the crashing happens on every machine.

Hi nikhita,

Thanks for the details. Really appreciate it and pardon the inconvenience caused by this issue. Could you provide the hardware spec + system info that you are having this issue with? If you find out any clues that could help us to reproduce this issue with our demo app, please let us know. As I have mentioned in my previous reply, based on the current information shown in the error, it is out of the scope that our SDK can have impact with. We will continue investigate this issue.

Thanks!