Embed cloud recording library

Hey guys, I’m developing a WordPress site for a client and I’ve got a request to embed the entire cloud recording library into a page on the WordPress site. The idea being, when a zoom meeting finishes, that recording automatically hits the cloud storage, and that cloud storage is essentially mirrored on the WordPress site, thus eliminating the need to download files, then upload to a video host (YouTube, Vimeo, etc), generate an embed code, and paste to the WordPress site. The embed would also need to be live or dynamic, meaning new recordings would be available instantly, as soon as they’re in cloud storage, they’d be accessible via the WordPress embed. Theoretically, all visitors to this WordPress page would have access to all cloud recording playbacks in the cloud storage. This page would be behind a membership area, requiring users to be logged in to the WordPress site before they could access the page. As of now, there is no request to host live meetings. Just recordings. Is this even possible? I apologize if this question is not categorized correctly, I’m not intimately familiar with the workings of the Zoom API, and not sure where this question would fit. Any advice on this topic would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Also, side note, I’ve already seen this post, and it’s not quite what I’m looking for: Embed cloud recording

The biggest difference is I’d be embedding the entire cloud library AND playback platform in one embed code… Again, I’m not sure if this is even possible, as it’s basically taking huge chunks of Zoom’s core functionality and just exporting it lol

Hey @mataro

Thanks for posting on the Zoom Devforum! I am still learning, but I will try my best to help answer your question. :slightly_smiling_face:

Checkout this related thread that may have the answer you are looking for:

If this thread did not help, please let us know by replying back here and someone from the Developer Relations team will get back to you shortly.

Thanks,
DeveloperBot

Sorry, nice try :slight_smile:

Hi @mataro,

Thanks for reaching out about this and for detailing your use case. :slight_smile:

I should note that there’s not an out-of-the-box way to directly embed both the Zoom Cloud Recording file and playback both onto your site. However, you can use our APIs and Webhooks to retrieve these individually and reconstruct this functionality on your end, if you wish.

Our Cloud Recording APIs and Webhooks return two main URLs:

• download_url
  • playback_url

Please keep in mind that neither of these URLs are intended to be embedded/iFramed directly.

If you wish to include a Cloud Recording library on your site, we recommend downloading the recordings directly and then hosting them on a 3rd party resource for playback (i.e., Youtube, Vimeo, etc.).

You can find the necessary API endpoints to retrieve these URLs here:

And our Webhook here:

I hope this helps to clarify, but let me know if you have additional questions about this!

Best,
Will

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.