Event to detect when consent to record confirmed / denied?

@jon.zoom I have tested a lot today and I have some more information on how to replicate making the consent to record dialog appear/not appear, which hopefully will be useful for you devs. I think there are some race conditions happening, around when exactly the zMACtivity is started compared to the status of the zoom meeting.

sdk v v5.7.6.1918.
Custom UI is enabled.

1. What works for me, is if I start my ZMActivity when the meeting status is “connecting” then I do see the consent to record dialog. If I wait to start the ZM activity until after my meeting status is “In Meeting” then I almost never see the consent dialog, and can never start the video/audio.
  2. In the “on create” override of the ZMActivity, I inflate the MobileRTCVideoView and get the reference to the MobileRTCVideoViewManager as described in the documents. All this time the meeting status is still “Connecting”. Crucially, at this point I do not call any “AddVideoUnit” methods, e.g AddAttendeeVideoUnit. If I do, the method will return false/failure.
  3. So, in order to start video etc I need to wait until the consent to record has been clicked. But there is no way to know when it has! My workaround is going to be adding a button to the zmactivity ui to add the attendee video unit, and start video - and make it so that the button doesn’t enable for several seconds, to try to stop them clicking it before they have consented to record. But it is quite hacky. And if they choose “no I don’t consent” I have no hook to keep the button disabled.

In conclusion - I think my previous request for zoom to to add a hook to the sdk to know when the “request to record” has been granted, is actually quite important, rather than a “niche” request. As evidenced by the other users experiencing similar problems in the Toggling A/v throws SDKERR_NO_PERMISSION - #16 by a.diament ticket.