Get Current Participant List For Live Meeting in a User-Managed App

Is your feature request related to a problem? Please describe.
The participant list is sorted by the name participants have chosen for themselves. This makes it difficult for teachers (like me) to take attendance, where the students’ names are sorted by last name.

Describe the solution you’d like
I would like to be able to pull the attendee list from my participants window (first name, last name, and email) to compare against a list and programmatically take attendance by listing who is absent and which participants do not match a name on the list. I would like to be able to run this during the meeting, so that I don’t need to wait until the meeting is over and use the web-based usage reports tool. It seems like pulling the list of names from your own meeting that you are hosting shouldn’t need to be an admin-account-only feature, but should be allowed for User-Managed Apps as well.

Describe alternatives you’ve considered
I looked at the GET /metrics/meetings/{meetingId}/participants query, but this requires admin dashboard access. I’ve also considered looking at the after meeting report, but this is not as useful and requires some amount of repetitive post-processing.

Another possible solution would be tools that let hosts organize how people are sorted in the participants window.

1 Like

You can use this API;

PS: This API is only for past meetings.

Any plans to add to the API to include current meetings?
This would be very useful for taking live roll call/attendance a necessity in most of my meetings and courses.