Get meeting URL for Zoom Room

We create Google Calendar events, via their API, for every class meeting for our school. This way, students & teachers can just open their Google Calendar and know where they need to be and when.

For the upcoming school year, we are deploying 120 Logitech Tap Zoom Rooms. With the Zoom/Google calendar integration, if we schedule a meeting in Google, it shows up on the Tap controller for the Room. But the Zoom meeting link does not appear in the calendar entry so remote participants need someone in the physical room to tell them the Meeting ID.

How can I get the Meeting ID ahead of time so I can add it to the Google Calendar entry?

Hey @apu,

If you use the Zoom Google Calendar integration, or use the Zoom Create Meeting API and insert the join_url in the calendar event, it should work how you are thinking.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks, Tommy.

https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/meetings/meetingcreate says the limit is 100 meetings per day. Is this per user in our account or per API credential? The OAuth2 credentials/Zoom app that I registered has permissions across our entire account so I can schedule meetings for every teacher.

No individual person would host more then 10 meetings per calendar day (and even that is a lot for most of them), but multiply by all the teachers and I easily exceed 100 API calls. Also, since we’ll want to pre-populate meetings, we’ll probably want to do a week or two worth of meeting scheduling at once.

How should I be rethinking our workflow, if at all?

Apu

Hey @apu,

The Create Meeting rate limit is per user per 24 hours.

Thanks,
Tommy

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.