GET past meeting instances endpoint returning 404

Format Your New Topic as Follows:

/past_meetings/{meetingId}/instances

Description
Getting a 404 error for meeting code 91318312516 when I hit the API but in the metrics dashboard the meeting clearly exists:

Error?
Error: {“code”:3001,“message”:“Meeting does not exist: FLNBLSHRb+NkoIHqZOJrA==.”},“label”:“zoomApiClient”,“status”:404}

GET meeting and GET past meeting details requests will succeed on this meeting ID.

Querying other meetings in this account on this instances endpoint will succeed but some will fail unexpectedly.

bump - can someone from zoom team help me investigate?

Hi Arthur,
Are you querying the endpoint using the Meeting ID or the Meeting UUID?

The reason I ask that is because each meeting has a distinct Meeting ID, but different instances of the same meeting are identified by unique Meeting UUIDs.

1 Like

Hi @arthur.he
As @Fario_Consulting mentioned, make sure to use the meeting UUID for each different instance of the meeting but also when you have a meeting with 1 participant, make sure to pass the query parameter type =pastOne

hi @elisa.zoom @Fario_Consulting

thanks for responding. I am querying with the meeting ID not UUID.

the endpoint that is failing is this one, not the one in your screenshot. i believe i should be passing in the meeting ID since I would like to list the meeting’s instances so passing in an instance UUID wouldn’t make sense.

any other suggestions?

Ah interesting!
Yes you should be passing the meeting ID and that way you will get a list of the different instances
I will send you a private message to get more details, because I see that the meeting exists so, I would like to look further into this