Get playback range from the API

Description
I would like to get the playback range I have set for some of my recordings via the API. I am using the “List Recordings” API with a JWT token and don’t see this information in the response. The recording_start and recording_end times are timestamps of the recording itself, not the playback range.

Error
There is no error. I am able to retrieve the list of recordings, all files, and even download the recordings. I only want to find the playback range and can’t find that in the API endpoint I am using.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I am just testing this with curl in shell along with a JWT token generated in the admin panel.

Which Endpoint/s?
List recordings endpoint. (https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/api-reference/zoom-api/cloud-recording/recordingslist)

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Get a JWT token
  2. Run the curl command:
    curl --request GET \                                                                                                                         --url 'https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/{id}/recordings?page_size=300&from=2019-01-01&to=2019-12-01' \
         --header 'authorization: Bearer (token)' \
         --header 'content-type: application/json'

3. See the response and it doesn’t have playback range information.

Hey @hussainweb,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. Are you able to clarify what you mean by playback range? If you want the duration of a recording you can use the duration field from that API;

Thanks,
Max

Hello @MaxM ,

In the recording view, I am able to set a playback range so that I can essentially trim the start and end of a recording. This has been useful to remove silence from the beginning of meetings which were automatically recorded. I know it affects only playback in the recording viewer and not the files themselves. That is why I want to get this information while reading the API’s so that I save it along with the video.

This is what I mean.

Thanks for your help,

Hey @hussainweb,

Thank you for clarifying. You’re right, we don’t have an API feature to capture that information. I think this would be a really helpful feature though.

If you would like this to be considered for a future release, I recommend posting in the #feature-requests category.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.