Getting text alignment issue when phone language is "Arabic"

Description
Getting text alignment issue when phone language is “Arabic”. Is anyone has a solution for this? Also it is possible to set the text alignment to the center?

Which Client iOS SDK version?
v5.4.54802.0124

To Reproduce(If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Go to iPhone settings
  2. Change language to “Arabic”
  3. Start zoom meeting
  4. See an alignment issue

Screenshots

Smartphone (please complete the following information):

• Device: Any iPhone

Additional context
I am trying to make zoom iOS SDK “Arabic” language compatable.

Hey @therapysuccess,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

After setting my device language to arabic, I did not see the same issue. Can you set your device to English US and provide a screenshot of this same screen?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

Thank you for your reply. It’s displayed properly when I select the language to English US as it supports [“de”, “ja”, “en”, “zh-Hant”, “es”, “zh-Hans”, “it”, “ko”, “vi”, “ru”, “pt-PT”, “fr”] languages.

Here I have uploaded one GIF of the problem which I am facing. Also when clicking on “Participants” the icon position changed and it overlaps with another icon.

Bottom Options Issue

Hey @therapysuccess,

What device is that?
Can you run the MobileRTCSample application and let me know if it happens there as well?

Thanks!
Michael

Hello @Michael_Condon ,

GIF preview contained iPhone model is iPhone 6 Plus (But in all device i am facing same issue)

I have integrated iOS SDK for zoom meeting based on this link and i am facing this issue: https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/sdk/native-sdks/iOS/build-an-app

Hey @therapysuccess,

I have followed those same instructions and have not been able to reproduce. Can you try in the MobileRTCSample app?

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon ,

I have just drag & drop below SDKs into my project from the MobileRTCSample app:

1. MobileRTC.framework
  2. MobileRTCResources.bundle

And just start the meeting using below sample code:

func startMeeting() {

if let meetingService = MobileRTC.shared().getMeetingService() {
            meetingService.delegate = self
            let startMeetingParameters = MobileRTCMeetingStartParam4LoginlUser()
            meetingService.startMeeting(with: startMeetingParameters)
        }
    }

And I am getting Zoom ready to use UI with the mentioned issue. I have not made it custom.

Hey @therapysuccess,

I understand, however it is sometimes difficult to determine if an issue is caused by the SDK or something else in a developers application. If you can reproduce this in the sample application, we will likely be able to reproduce it as well and reach a solution quickly. The other thing that would help us investigate is sending us a sample application that you built that has the issue. You can do so by attaching the project to an email to DeveloperSupport@zoom.us. If you decide to go this route, please provide a link to this post in your email.

Thanks!
Michael

Hey @Michael_Condon ,

I want to convert all the text to “Arabic” (using a localizable file) then what is the best way to do it? And from where, I can get all the English text and keys of zoom SDK to convert to Arabic text?

Hey @therapysuccess,

When you download the SDK from the Zoom Marketplace, the folder will contain a sample application called MobileRTCSample. Within that application there is a file called localizable.strings in the en.lproj folder. In that file, you can change the english strings to other strings.

Thanks!
Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.