Handling the active-share-change event when one joins the channel after someone shared the screen

Hey @vk-jangid

Sorry for replying to you late.

In what scenario did the echo occur? Did you use the external speaker?

If the SharedArrayBuffer is enabled, the maximum number of videos is 25, if not, only 3 videos can be rendered on the same canvas and the enforceMultipleVideos option in the init method need to be specified.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vk-jangid

There are many reasons for sharing freezes, which may be network unstable or machine performance lack.

Could you give us the sessionId that occurs the issue? It’s very helpful for us to troubleshoot the issue. Can get it via the restful API. Zoom Video SDK API

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vic.yang

We are not able to reproduce this issue on our end but this issue is happening repeatedly at our user’s end. I will check with some of our users to understand what kind of devices they are using in the session.

About multiple video rendering, After sending a message here, I checked the documentation and there it is mentioned that 4 videos can be rendered on the same canvas.

Also, This will only work with chrome and edge, is it correct? If it is then what about other browsers?

I checked this on my end as well, and the network and machine performance were all fine.

bVW+qo/+R3SFkCNiLimqLg== this is the session-id.

At the end of the session, one participant was sharing the screen but it got freeze every time she tried to share the screen. She even tried re-joining the session multiple times but it didn’t help.

Also, We are rendering the screen share stream for the user who is sharing the screen, and for them also this screen freeze issue happens. In this case, the network is not even related, and machine performance can’t be the reason because I tested it on my device (MacBook Air M1), and sometimes it happened to me as well.

Hey @vk-jangid

Yes. 3 users + 1 self(use video element).
Other browsers that don’t support SharedArrayBuffer can only render one video per canvas.

Thanks
Vic

Found one more issue when a user goes offline and comes back online after some time.
In this case, sometimes the camera stream starts rendering again of other participants but the audio of them doesn’t start automatically.
This happens before the connection state goes to the ‘Fail’ state.

Also, what should be the ideal approach to handle the case if the connection state goes to the Fail state?

Hey @vk-jangid

Also, We are rendering the screen share stream for the user who is sharing the screen, and for them also this screen freeze issue happens.

So you are rendering the self screen share via stream.startShareView instead of using the canvas or vldeo element which is the first parameter of the stream.startShareScreen ?

Thanks
Vic

No No, we are not calling startShareView for the self-screen stream. we are using the first parameter of the startShareScreen only.

Hey @vk-jangid

Did you mean the audio doesn’t start automatically after the session failover?

For the case of ‘Fail’ event, you need to call the client.join manually to rejoin the session.

Thanks
Vic

No, in the time period where the state is in Connected state only but the internet connection is not there.

It takes some time for the state to update from Connected to Reconnecting and in that time period if the user connects back to the internet then most likely the cam stream works fine but the audio stream doesn’t.

Ok, So if the SharedArrayBuffer is not enabled then on the canvas only 3 videos will be rendered because as you said the self-video will be rendered on the video element separately, right?

Hey @vk-jangid

Yes. That’s right.

Thanks
Vic

Hey @vk-jangid

Let me sort out the process:

• User joined the session, and received the ‘Connected’ payload.
  • The internet connection was unstable, lost the connection, but hasn’t received the ‘Reconnecting’ payload yet.
  • The network was back, but still no ‘Reconnecting’ payload event.
  • The video works(sending or receiving?), but the audio doesn’t(sending or receiving?)

Is this right?

Thank
Vic

Yes, this is correct.

Hey @vk-jangid

Can the user hear or speak when the issue occurs? Or neither?

Thanks
Vic

The user who went offline and came back online after some time, can speak and others are able to hear them, but they can’t hear others.

Hey @vk-jangid

Could you share the sessionID so we can troubleshoot?

Thanks
Vic

Hi @vic.yang

Actually, We were testing a lot yesterday so sharing these 6 session-ids with you, I think in these sessions the issue was happening, just not able to pinpoint the exact session in which that happened.

NYJ83nfASWmA4Urfq5n+qg==
CUBFtWqgRAygrXQ0mmYt3A==
8Jq9MT3VTSK5ejaUzhpl5A==
fhwP8zamSgKnBQm14c2GJA==
mTRWdOyhRtCM/YRQhTt6Gw==
EVEAxKDKQCG43V74DK0XTQ==

Hey @vk-jangid

We have released Video SDK Web 1.5.5. Could you try it?

Thanks
Vic

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.