Hello I have question on allow participant to unmute self

Hello right now im using zoom windows sdk version 5.4.54802…0124 .

I trying to lock participants’ audio by using MuteAudio( userId , fasle ) ;

isnt above function means mute with self unmute disabled?

because even if i tried true and false on second param , participants still could unmute and mute themselves .

Window user is host…

and when i use that function SDKError was SDKERR_SUCCESS but participants still could do whatever they want… please help me with this…

Hey @ssijcfe,

Thanks for using the dev forum!

Are you saying that when you are the host and you call this function with someone else’s userID and true, they do not become muted?

Thanks!
Michael

they do become muted but as soon as the participant become muted and he/she tries to turn on the audio it just turn with out any prevent notification or so.

What i understand with " MuteAudio( userId , true ) " function is that the second parameter support to prevent participants from self unmute able functionality.

Thank you for quick reply
Have wonderful day :slight_smile:

Hey @ssijcfe,

Yes the second parameter allows the user to unmute themselves when set to true.

Thanks!
Michael

Thank you Michael …
I was kind wrote wrong up there…
I meant MuteAudio( userId , false ) … was right one…

Even if i set it to false , participants ( no host ) could unmute by themselves …
I used customized android and web but both of them could unmute by themselves even if i set it to false …

what should i do?

Hey @ssijcfe,

Hmm, can you try updating to the latest version and let me know if you notice any changes?

Thanks!
Michael

Okay surely i will thanx for your help :wink:

As soon as i get to work ill try it lol

Hey @ssijcfe,

Sounds good!

Michael

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.