Host in Browser

Hey @kevinatzoom,

The JS SDK will work with OAuth next year. You can follow our release log here.

You can use your JWT token to access our rest API’s.

Just set the authorization header to your JWT token like this:

"Authorization": "Bearer {{ JWT TOKEN HERE }}"

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,
Thank you so much, your answers have great help to me.
Kevin

1 Like

Happy to help @kevinatzoom! :slight_smile:

-Tommy

@kevinatzoom,

To enable the camera and mic in the iFrame you can add this attribute:

allow="microphone; camera"

<iframe allow="microphone; camera" src="https://success.zoom.us/wc/join/{meeting-id}"></iframe>

Thanks,
Tommy

I have reviewed the conversation and found that zoom don’t have any integration which works together with Javascript SDK & REST APIs.
I have created meeting using Rest API and then I want to start that meeting immediately in web page using Javascript SDK without using iframe.

I see comment by @tommy that JS SDK will work with OAuth this year. Is there any update on this? Because If I open meeting in iframe then I don’t have much control on meeting window like setting leaveUrl, invite options etc.

Hey @vivek.pipaliya, thanks for posting and using Zoom!

You can use the Web SDK to start instant meetings, or start / join meetings that have been created by the API.

As for connecting the Web SDK with OAuth, a workaround could be using both, and passing in the logged in users email and name to the respective Web SDK params.

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi @tommy I have tried what you’ve suggested here. But it’s saying “joining fail” and black screen appears only. FYI, I am not using the same developer account to login using oAuth (It means both developer account from which API Key generated and the account I am using for login are different).

When I pass role: 0 it says “meeting not started”. When I pass 1 it says “joining fail”.

Here is my code snippet.

Hey @vivek.pipaliya,

Can you share the meeting number to developersupport@zoom.us so I can look at the logs?

Thanks,
Tommy

Here is the meeting ID:

Hey @vivek.pipaliya,

Make sure the meeting is started, or you have join before host enabled.

Let me know if that works.

Thanks,
Tommy

Can you please read all my old messages and respond?

I have created instant meeting using Rest API (OAuth). And I want to start that meeting using Web SDK.

Let me know if it is possible.

Hey @vivek.pipaliya,

Here is how to start a meeting using the Web SDK:

Thanks,
Tommy

I know we can pass role 1 to host meeting but it only works with the account from which API keys created. I want to start meeting which is created by any user using OAuth Rest API (That’s what I have mentioned in my initial question)

Is there any option to do that?

Can you please read this full thread before reply because it seems you are repeating the same thing again & again.

Hey @vivek.pipaliya,

If you are asking to start the meeting progrmatically that is not possible.

A real user / host of the meeting has to start the meeting using the start_url or start meeting buttons on the Zoom App, or Zoom Web Portal.

Does that answer your question?

Thanks,
Tommy

Let me explain you by this example:

OAuth API key & secret is created from account “test1@email.com“

User “test2@email.com” is logged in using OAuth in my app. And creating instant meeting using Rest Api by passing access token in header.

Now, he want to start that meeting using web sdk only (not using start_url in iframe).

Let me know if this is possible.

Thanks

Hey @vivek.pipaliya,

Thanks for the explanation.

The Web SDK can only start meetings that are owned by a user on the same account as the JWT.

The Web SDK can however join meetings that are not owned by a user on the same account as the JWT.

So the meeting will need to be started via the start_url by the host, and then any attendee can use the Web SDK to join that meeting.

Does that clear things up?

-Tommy

Hi i implemented this. this msg showing
Your browser doesn’t support using computer’s Audio device, please upgrade your browser to the latest version.

can u plz suggest me.
Regards,
Farooq

@farooq.ahmed What browser/version and device are you using?

Google Chrome 80.0.3987.163 version.

Hey @farooq.ahmed,

Are you serving your site over https?

-Tommy