How to authorize OAuth app in android SDK

Hi Zoom Team,

I am using latest Android Meeting SDK but having problem when user authorize for the first time , I am using https://zoom.us/oauth/authorize url in android webview to login and authorize user in app. Our web application is also doing same but When backend request for ZAK, it is not getting with the code which I am getting after authorization in query parameter, but this works properly in Web.

Please suggest me how can I authorize users in android.

I am using these steps https://marketplace.zoom.us/docs/guides/auth/oauth in android webview.

Please help me out from the following situation.

Thank you
Megha

Hi @Megha1,

The SDK is not directly involved in the OAuth flow. It is only involved after you have successfully retrieved a user’s ZAK. If you are looking for help with accomplishing that, I would suggest posting over in #api-and-webhooks.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

Thanks for reply! I am looking forward switching over to video SDK in android studio. Please suggest me how can I switch to Video SDK or remove meeting SDK from android and put Video SDK.

Thank you
Megha

Hi @Megha1,

In order to remove the Meeting SDK from your project, you would need to delete the mobilertc and commonlib modules from your project, followed by removing the lines from your app’s build.gradle which add them to your project.

For the Video SDK, our documentation would be a great place to start. If you have any additional questions, please post over in #mobile-video-sdk:android. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

hi @jon.zoom,

Thank you for guidance!

You are very welcome!

Please don’t hesitate to reach back out in a new thread with any other SDK questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @jon.zoom,

I see that starting on February 2022 ZOOM will disable the login+password authentication for MeetingsSDK and OAUTH should be used.
Can you tell me how should I be doing that? Which version of MeetingsSDK will support such feature?

I really appreciate your help,

Thanks.

Hi @casmeiron,

The best place to get started with OAuth would be in our Authentication documentation.

The main point of contact you will need to be aware of when migrating to OAuth is that instead of relying on internal SDK state to start/join a meeting as a specific user, you will be passing in that user’s ZAK. If you have any additional questions on which existing pieces of SDK functionality map to what, I’ll be happy to help. Otherwise for any questions specific to the OAuth flow or usage of the REST API, the #api-and-webhooks would be a great place to ask. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom , thanks again for answering me.
Yeah I went through the DOCS but to be honest I couldn’t understand the entire flow.
Today we’re using the zoom user’s credential to boot up a meeting or to join one, using MeetingsSDK for Android. Now you’re saying that I would need to create the meeting outside of the SDK, using other API? And after that, how will I join/start through the SDK?
If you can help me understand that I would really appreciate.

Best Regards,

Paulo.

Hi @casmeiron,

OAuth is definitely not the simplest flow out there, so no worries if it isn’t immediately clear.

Since the SDK no longer supports meeting management, scheduling a new meeting would need to be done through the REST API.

Because the user would be required to authenticate through the REST API anyway, you would no longer need to log directly into the SDK. Instead, you can pass the user’s ZAK into the SDK as needed (e.g. when starting a meeting as host). This token can be passed directly into the zoomAccessToken field.

So if you were looking to schedule and start a meeting as a specific user, the flow would look something like this:

1. Use OAuth to authenticate the user
  2. CREATE the meeting through the REST API
  3. GET the user’s ZAK from the REST API
  4. Pass the meeting info from step #2 and the ZAK from step #3 into an instance of StartMeetingParamsWithoutLogin

Let me know if any of the above steps are still unclear and I’d be happy to help clarify further.

Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks @jon.zoom , going to try that and let you know if I face any problems.

Sounds great! I’ll be here for any questions. :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.