How to check if zoom is installed on different platforms like windows, mac, android, ios etc) from JavaScript within web browser

Hi what we want to achieve is that we want to run a script in web browser and check if zoom app is installed or not… we want to be able to do it in platform independently ( mac,windows,ios etc)

@mohit.d2itechnology You can use the getUserContext() function from the Zoom Apps SDK to check if a user is authorized.

Let me know if that helps!

Hi

Thanks for your reply. But we want to know
how we can check from user’s browser via JavaScript if user have Zoom app installed or not

Thanks & Regards

Hi Max,

Thanks for your response!

I am not asking from mobile app SDK, I want to know how we can check from user’s browser via JavaScript if user have Zoom app installed or not.

For example User A is on windows and open our website. We want to check if User A have Zoom app installed in his machine.

Regards
Mohit

Hi Max,

Thanks for your response!

I am not asking from mobile app SDK, I want to know how we can check from user’s browser via JavaScript if user have Zoom app installed or not.
For example User A is on windows and open our website. We want to check if User A have Zoom app installed in his machine.
If app is not installed then we want to show zoom download button

@mohit.d2itechnology In order to determine if a user is authenticated you would want to have a user model for them that includes their Zoom Access token. Then, once your user logs in you can check if they have a valid access token.

Otherwise, an easier way to check is if you are running in the browser or within the Zoom client. If you’re in the browser, you prompt to install and then deeplink the user. If you’re in the client then the app is installed.

Let me know if that helps.