How to generate signature

Hello,

In this tutorial it is indicated that it is necessary to create a function on the server side which allows to generate signature based on inputs of dynamic meetings.

Below this tutorial there are lines of example codes with different technologies (PHP, Node.js, C #, Java, Python) :

Does this line of example code need to be added to the index.js file?

How to create a server side function to generate signature?

Thank you in advance for your answers

Hi @epenyblaise,

This code should not be added to the index.js file, or any public-facing file, since it contains your API key and secret. Exposing this to the public puts your Zoom account at risk.

Instead, you should write your own functions in a backend language like PHP, Node.js, Java etc. Do you have experience with any of these languages?

Thanks,
Alex

1 Like

Hi @alexmayo ,

I have experience using only PHP languages.

Before, I have already worked with Node.js, but I do not have a good command of this language.

Hey @epenyblaise,

If you have experience using PHP, you can use our PHP example there for a reference as to how you can add this functionality to your backend. All the languages there are intended to show how to implement this with the backend of your app, not the frontend.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

Hi @MaxM,

Is it possible to create a function a PHP with the sdk web zoom, because in the project folders there are JS folders and files?

Thank you for your reply

Hey @epenyblaise,

Yes, absolutely, you would just want to use PHP and Javascript together. There are a few ways to do this and it’s a very common use case. Please see the following URL:

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.