How to programatically close zoom meeting in Connecting state?

Meeting SDK Type and Version
@zoomus/websdk: 2.8.0
Type: Component View

Description
I have integrated zoom Meeting SDK into my react component. Sometime the join call stuck (or took so long) at “Joining Meeting…” . So I have added a timeout if the join didn’t success within a time period I want to close this existing join operation. So, that user can initiate new join operation.

But I am unable to do so, as did not find any method inside EmbeddedClient to close the connection. I tried following ways after timeout:

1. called client.leaveMeeting() : got no success
  2. called client.endMeeting() : got no success
  3. Tried reloading react component. It destroys the ui component but looks like the “Joining Meeting…” process still running at background. Because if I tried to join again got error {type: ‘INVALID_OPERATION’, reason: ‘Duplicated join operation’}

So, how can I close/stop the exiting join request programatically ? Please help.

Hi, @aayush.jain,

Thank you for posting in the Zoom Developer Forum – I am happy to help. First, can you share more details about the behavior you are seeing when join call gets stuck at “Joining Meeting…” ? Namely, when this occurs are you seeing any errors in the browser console? It will also be helpful if you share a snippet of code that handles Joining the meeting. If you are able to provide the snippet and the reproducible steps of the behavior we can help diagnose further and provide best practices.

That aside, it sounds like you are heading in the right direction. However, I don’t believe leave meeting tears down the meeting entirely. It is my understanding end meeting is the call you want to make. Can you provide more details about what happens when you call endmeeting ? And, at what point are you calling this method? This additional context will help us better understand what may be happening. Please share the snippet of code that handles making this call as well.

Let me know if you have any questions about this.

there is no delete or kill function in the web SDK - not in component view, not in client view

if you want delete/kill a zoom meeting, you have to leave/reload the html page

you can insert the meeting SDK into a iframe and reload it - but it’s officially not supported, because Cross-Origin Isolation is a bit more complicated

1 Like