I am using zoom android sdk and I am not able to share own app after starting screen sharing

Hi, I am new to zoom and not able to find solution anywhere. Whenever I click on own app after screen sharing on, it opens meeting only and there is no button to minimize the meeting screen to share app contents.

Please resolve my issue as soon as possible.

Hi @mg0086447, thanks for using Zoom.

Are you running into this problem in the Zoom client on Android, or while integrating Zoom into your own app?

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom, thanks for reply.

I have integrated zoom into app and using default UI. When host share screen and tap on app, it shows meeting only and not able to share actual app. Please help me how to resolve this issue.

Thanks!

Hi @mg0086447, thanks for clarifying.

I have tried reproducing this issue, but every time I share my screen with the default UI, the app is backgrounded and I see the launcher screen on my device. Let’s get some additional information to see if we can get to the bottom of this:

• What version of the SDK are you currently using?
  • What device make/model are you testing on?
  • What version of Android are you running?
  • Can you provide a video exemplifying this behavior? Note: please turn on the Show Taps option in your device’s setting before recording a video

Thanks!

Hi, @jon.zoom,
Sdk version : not latest
device : Redmi Note 7 pro
Android version : 10

I am sharing screenshot of what is happening every time I open app after zoom meeting sharing screen on. I am getting only this screen and when press back button it closes the app, that means I can see only meeting screen while zoom meeting in-progress and can not see any other activity.

I have mail on developersupport@zoom.us and share the video for the same at 12:01PM 24 November.

Thanks!

Hi @mg0086447, thanks for the additional info.

The behavior shown in the video you sent over seems like expected behavior to me. While you are in a meeting with the default UI, the meeting Activity will persist unless you leave the meeting. If you do not want this behavior, you would need to implement your own custom meeting UI.

Thanks!

I need to show the “minimise” button during a meeting so that I can share the content of my app during a screen share. please help me out in resolving this.

Thanks!

Hi @mg0086447,

As mentioned in my previous post, this behavior would require a custom UI since it is not supported by the default meeting UI. Since you are solely responsible for maintaining a custom UI’s appearance and behavior, it is outside of the scope of the Zoom SDK. For that reason, we will not be able to provide guidance on how to implement this behavior.

If you need any assistance with using the SDK directly, please don’t hesitate to reach out and we will be happy to help. :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks!

I understand if default UI does not have it. Now i am using custom UI.

Whenever I clicked on this button, it removes me from meeting but not showing mini window. I tried with 4 people in meeting also but it behaves like this only
When I see code, “onBackPressed” method was called on click of that button but
when I forcely call “showMiniMeetingWindow” on click of that button my app crashed with the following error
com.ingroup.android.VideoConferencing.inmeetingfunction.customizedmeetingui.MyMeetingActivity#4]-timeRecords is at its maximum size[64]. Ignore this when unittesting.
2020-11-30 14:00:15.174 20592-20592/com.ingroup.android E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main
Process: com.ingroup.android, PID: 20592
java.lang.IllegalStateException: View android.widget.LinearLayout{855a99a G.E… …I. 0,0-330,495} has already been added to the window manager.
at android.view.WindowManagerGlobal.addView(WindowManagerGlobal.java:359)
at android.view.WindowManagerImpl.addView(WindowManagerImpl.java:96)
at com.ingroup.android.VideoConferencing.inmeetingfunction.customizedmeetingui.view.MeetingWindowHelper.showMiniMeetingWindow(MeetingWindowHelper.java:130)
at com.ingroup.android.VideoConferencing.inmeetingfunction.customizedmeetingui.MyMeetingActivity.showMiniWindow(MyMeetingActivity.java:728)
at com.ingroup.android.VideoConferencing.inmeetingfunction.customizedmeetingui.MyMeetingActivity$5.onClickBack(MyMeetingActivity.java:653)
at com.ingroup.android.VideoConferencing.inmeetingfunction.customizedmeetingui.view.MeetingOptionBar.onClick(MeetingOptionBar.java:316)
at android.view.View.performClick(View.java:7189)
at android.view.View.performClickInternal(View.java:7166)
at android.view.View.access$3500(View.java:819)
at android.view.View$PerformClick.run(View.java:27688)
at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:883)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:100)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:224)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7592)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:539)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:950)

Please help me to know which method to call on tap of this button to show mini window or how to minimise the meeting so that I can share the app contents also within meeting.

Thanks!

Hi @mg0086447,

Unfortunately we are unable to assist with this aspect of your custom UI implementation as it is outside of the scope of the SDK.

Thanks!

Hi @jon.zoom,

I can understand but it will be great help if you tell me about the method or function to call on click of that icon.I will be more grateful, If there will be documentation for the same because I am not able to implement the minimise option in custom UI also.

Thanks!

1 Like