I can't update user setting "When a cloud recording is available" option and there are no error message sent back

Description
I sent a patch request to update user setting ( enable “Meeting”/“Email Notification”/“When a cloud recording is available”). It only returned an empty string and “When a cloud recording is available” setting didn’t change status. Even though I can change that setting option on the account just fine. What is the problem here? And how to fix it?

Error
The request only return an empty string.

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
I’m using my company’s own platform. It does all the Zoom authentication in background, I only provide the API path and request body.

Which Endpoint/s?
PATCH
/users/{userId}/settings

How To Reproduce (If applicable)
Steps to reproduce the behavior:

1. Request URL: /users/{userId}/settings
    Header: { method: “PATCH” }
    Body: { “email_notification”: { “cloud_recording_available_reminder”: true }}
  2. An empty string was returned. The setting option didn’t change.

Additional context
Unfortunately I don’t know much about the internal process of our company’s platform, so I can not show a log file here. But I tried getting user settings ( GET /users/{userId}/settings) and updating the same option on account settings ( PATCH /accounts/{accountId}/settings) just fine. Other setting options of user can be updated too, just “Meeting”/“Email Notification”/“When a cloud recording is available” option that has problem.
I have found some similar questions on this forum, but it seems like they only used the wrong api endpoint or made a typo in json body. In my case the endpoint is correct (as mentioned above, I have successfully updated other user setting options), and my json body is correct too (successfully updated the same option on account settings).

Hey @koklok,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I was able to reproduce this behavior on my account and have since reached out to our engineering team for more information. I’ll let you know what I hear.

(ZOOM-306594)

Thanks,
Max

Thanks for your reply @MaxM , is there any update on this issue yet?

Hey @koklok,

Our team confirmed this as a bug and will work to resolve it in the future. I’ll be sure to keep you updated here are there is progress on the issue.

Thanks,
Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.