I need someone explain me how it works sdkKeys

I’m trying to include a Zoom component in my Vue3 project, but the docs I found ask that I need to use sdkKey and sdkSecret. But I don’t know where I can find those Keys and I’m not sure how to insert it into the project. Please if someone can help me I would appreciate it very much, it is the first time I do this and I do not quite understand it. Thanks in advance.

Code that I found:

import { ZoomMtg } from 'zoomus-jssdk'
   ZoomMtg.setZoomJSLib('https://dmogdx0jrul3u.cloudfront.net/1.3.7/lib', '/av')

ZoomMtg.preLoadWasm()

ZoomMtg.prepareJssdk()

this.meetConfig = {
    apiKey: API_KEY,
    apiSecret: API_SECRET,
    meetingNumber: this.meetingId,
    userName: this.nickname,
    passWord: '',
    leaveUrl: 'https://zoom.us',
    role: 0,
  }

this.signature = ZoomMtg.generateSignature({
    meetingNumber: this.meetConfig.meetingNumber,
    apiKey: this.meetConfig.apiKey,
    apiSecret: this.meetConfig.apiSecret,
    role: this.meetConfig.role,
    success: function(res) {
      // eslint-disable-next-line
      console.log('success signature: ' + res.result)
    },
  })

URL:

Hey @adrigomroc,

Thank you for reaching out to the Zoom Developer Forum. I’m happy to help here! First, if you’re looking to generate a signature for the Web SDK you want to make sure that you are using the API Key and API Secret from a JWT App instead of the credentials from an SDK app:

In the code example that you provided, I’m also seeing that you are using an older version of the SDK whereas the latest version is 1.9.1. Due to required updates since 1.3.7, you’ll want to make sure that you’re using the latest version and follow our latest guide on building an app with the Web SDK.

using our Sample Web App and Sample Vue.js App as references when building your application.

I hope that helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

First say thank you very much for the answer! I’ve been researching and had a question, is there a way to make calls without registering users? From the Zoom application, the login is not necessary, I am surprised that it asks me how to register some users in an administration panel

Then I wanted to ask, about the project you sent me, I think that it is not made with Vue.js but with JS. And I also wanted to ask if Zoom is compatible with Vue3, since I am doing it in a Vue3 environment. Then the way to pay for the use of the application is not clear to me, but if there were a way in Vue3 to implement calls without the need to register users, we would be very interested in our company

I finally add that still how is it supposed to work?

If it could work, we are talking about a project that is expected to get quite a lot of people.

Thank you very much for your time in advance

I’ve been seeing that you can add a Zoom IFRAME, would that be an optimal solution? or would it be more like a fix?

Hey @adrigomroc,

Thank you for your questions.

What do you mean by this? The Web SDK does not currently have a concept of user authentication so you shouldn’t need to create additional users for them to use your implementation.

It looks like you sent a screenshot of the Sample Web App which is a barebones web app. However, the Sample Vue.js App is a separate web app and uses Vue.JS.

We don’t have a sample app that uses Vue 3 but I’m not aware of anything that would prevent the Web SDK from working with the latest version of Vue.

The Web SDK, or any Zoom tool that I’m aware of, is not designed to be used within an iFrame. It should be displayed directly on the page.

Please read the README.md files for each of the repositories for more information on how to use the Web SDK. In general, you can add your JWT Key and Secret and then start/join a meeting from your browser.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

The only thing I found was this video that looked like what I was doing, but it does a step that makes a request to POSTMAN to obtain a user to initiate the call, but when I make that request it tells me that [error: “code” : 1001, “message”: “User does not exist: ****”], then first, I do not understand why I have to make that request with an email and 2 because it tells me that the user does not exist if you mainly told me that it is not necessary to create users to make it work. At the moment I have managed to put an iframe from another provider, but I would still like to add zoom. But I do not know. I can’t find a way to make it work. Thanks for your time.

Video: Zoom Api Integration PHP & Vue Js in 15 minutes. - YouTube

Hey @adrigomroc,

Thank you for sharing more information. It sounds like you’re using the API along with the SDK so I think there might be a mixup. When using our Sample Vue.js App to start/join a meeting, you won’t need to make any API calls. I would first start with our guide on building an app with the Web SDK. Then, you can leverage that knowledge to test out using our Sample Apps.

From there, if you’re interested in using our API, I recommend reviewing our documentation:

When it comes to the issues you’re having with the Get a User API, I would first make sure that you’re using the email of a user on your account.

Let me know if that helps.

Thanks,
Max

Okay! I will review it and I will reopen the conversation if I find something that I do not understand! Thanks

Sounds great! I’m thrilled to hear that was helpful.

Max

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.