Intermitent - Connection reset

Description
Hello,

We’re having intermittent issues consuming the Zoom API Rest interface. We developed an in-house Java web app for handling our meetings, it works fine for days and then starts failing. For example, it worked fine until Wednesday 8 of July, and then failed on Thursday 9, and again started working on Friday 10.

We also had similar issues in the past, son we’re not confident on the integration that we’ve developed.

I also opened the case #6666498.

Error
When the system failed, it logged:
I/O error on GET request for “https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/user@domain/meetings”: Connection reset; nested exception is
java.net.SocketException: Connection reset org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException:
I/O error on GET request for “https://api.zoom.us/v2/users/user@domain/meetings”:
Connection reset; nested exception is java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

Which App Type (OAuth / Chatbot / JWT / Webhook)?
We use JWT

Which Endpoint/s?
We use mainly these endpints:
/users/{userId}/meetings
/users/{userId}/meetings

Additional context
We would greatly appreciate any help you could provide us in order to fix this issue.

Our system run on Apache Tomcat/8.5.42 using Java 1.7.0_51-b13.

Regards,

Andres Rudqvist

Hey @licenciamiento,

What is the error message you are getting from Zoom when the request does not work?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy,

Thanks for your answer,

We got the message fom the stack trace in the server log of the service we’ve developed, such service uses the Zoom Rest API.
Using the Zoom UI (client or web client) we haven’t had any isssue.

I this moment the service is working fine, but I’m not sure we’ve fixed the issue as it damages and fixes without our intervention.

Regards,

Andres Sebastian Rudqvist

Hey @licenciamiento,

Strange, it seems like an issue with your environment. Related thread:

Thanks,
Tommy

Connection reset simply means that a TCP RST was received. This happens when your peer receives data that it can’t process, and there can be various reasons for that. The simplest is when you close the socket, and then write more data on the output stream. By closing the socket, you told your peer that you are done talking, and it can forget about your connection. When you send more data on that stream anyway, the peer rejects it with an RST to let you know it isn’t listening.

possible causes for the error:

• More commonly, it is caused by writing to a connection that the other end has already closed normally. In other words an application protocol error.

• The TCP (Transmission Control Protocol) socket is closed because the socket received a close command from a remote machine.

• In Windows, ‘software caused connection abort’, which is not the same as ‘connection reset’, is caused by network problems sending from your end.

• It can also be caused by closing a socket when there is unread data in the socket receive buffer.

• Sometimes this can also be due to heavy load causing Server to queue the message and before it can read the message is got timed out at the client end. So you can also check server health and log for excessive load causing this error.

Thanks for the explanation Larry. :slight_smile:

-Tommy