Invalid parameter - webSDK 1.7.6

Hey all … I’m getting an even weirder error.

participantId length > 16

Screen Shot 2020-04-28 at 12.08.17 pm

I’m using the same user id as always (yesterday it worked fine) … although if I remove it altogether it works and the meeting starts. Does that mean that it is using the userEmail as the identifier of the user account and no longer the participantId

ZoomMtg.init({
                        debug: false,
                        leaveUrl: 'https://zoom.us',
                        disableInvite: true,
                        showMeetingHeader: false,
                        isLockBottom: false,
                        isShowJoiningErrorDialog: false,
                        success: function(res){
                            ZoomMtg.join({
                                meetingNumber: that.meetingNumber,
                                userName: userDetails.firstName,
                                userEmail: userDetails.email,
                                passWord: that.meetingPassword,
                                apiKey: that.apiKey,
                                signature: that.meetingSignature,
                                participantId: userDetails.zoomID,
                                success: function(res){console.log(res)},
                                error: function(res){
                                    if(res.errorCode > 0){
                                        alert(res.errorMessage);
                                    }
                                    return false;
                                }
                            });
                        },
                        error: function(res){
                            console.log('some error');
                        }
                    });

Cheers …

Hey @dorairajs,

Correct! :slight_smile: Thanks for sharing your solution!

Glad it is working for you now @Christian, @chris.addams :slight_smile:

-Tommy

1 Like

Hey @SimoneLabianca,

The participant ID should only be a few numbers in length. What are you using for the participant ID?

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy … I was the using the Zoom User ID as the participant ID. Up until 1.7.4 it worked fine.

At this point, I am assuming the email address is enough of a unique identifier for the participant and an actual Zoom account is not necessary to participate in a meeting.

Cheers
Simone

1 Like

Hey @SimoneLabianca,

Gotcha! Yeah I agree using the userEmail instead of the participant id is the best solution here.

Thanks,
Tommy

I am still getting the below error using 1.7.8 when I tried to join the meeting. Please check.
{
errorCode: 4003
errorMessage: “participantId length > 16”
method: “join”
result: null
}

Hey @ayushp27196,

Please see my post here about the participantId:

Thanks,
Tommy

Hey @tommy I got this issue kindly guide me. How can I resolve it.

Hi @hkaleem7890,

Can you please share a screenshot of your browser console when you receive this error? Additionally, please make sure you’re on the latest version of our Web SDK.

Thanks,
Will

1 Like

Hi @will.zoom Thank you so much for your response. But I resolved my error. Thanks Again. take care

I’m glad to hear that Will resolved your issue! Feel free to reach out if you encounter any further issues or questions.

Max

Hi @MaxM,

Thank you so much for your fast response.

Kaleem

1 Like

I appreciate the appreciation. Happy Coding!

Max

1 Like

Hi @MaxM

How can I embed zoom meeting using iframe? Thanks

Kaleem

Hey @hkaleem7890,

Currently, the Web SDK is not designed to be displayed in an iframe. Neither is the Zoom Web Client. For this reason, you will likely run into issues related to browser privacy and security settings.

Instead, you will want to use the Web SDK directly on your page as shown in our Sample Web App.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Max

1 Like

Hey @MaxM

Thank you so much for your reply, I hope it will work for me. But recently I have use the zoom websdk and it works perfectly but the issue was that it conflict with the styling of the project, like bootstrap. Do you know how can I resolve that issue? I appreciate your response. Thanks again

kaleem

Hey @hkaleem7890,

I’m glad that was helpful! Currently, the Web SDK doesn’t support customizing the UI so if you are styling the Web SDK you may run into issues. We plan to release a more customizable version of the Web SDK with version 2.0.

In the meantime, you will want to carefully test any changes to the styling that you make to confirm it doesn’t introduce any new issues.

Thanks,
Max

Thanks @MaxM ,

Really happy to see your response, but I’m not styling the SDK, I have just use the bootstrap link of SDK in node_Modules and it disturbed my whole angular app styling. but when I remove the link of SDK or my own bootstrap that I have used from node_modules it will be good again. I just want to know what’s the problem is with that? And because of that my component scss is also not working.
And it is applying styling from the zoomus bootstrap in my components.
Can you please help me to understand this issue?

Thanks

Hi @hkaleem7890,

Are you working with a previous version of our SDK that you upgraded to the latest (v1.9.1)? If so, I don’t believe the bootstrap dependencies from earlier versions aren necessarily required any longer in v1.9.1. If this resolves your issue, have you tried removing it? Or does this break your app’s functionality?

Thanks,
Will

Hey @hkaleem7890,

Just to confirm, are you still encountering issues or were you able to resolve them?

Thanks,
Max