Invalid Signature with Sample Web App

Hi guys,

Hopefully it’s the right place. I’m getting the following error regarding an ‘Invalid Signature’:

{
method: “join”,
errorMessage: “Invalid signature.”,
result: null
}

I had cloned https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web and followed the instructions to npm install and npm start after setting in the code to my JWT key and secret from the develop page.

Anyone has any ideas or suggestions so for me to get this working?

Thanks in advance!

Hi @chee,

We have received this request, and I will be responding to it soon.

Thanks

Hi @ojus.zoom,

It has been a while. Any ideas yet? Thanks.

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Does your meeting ID contain any - ? If yes, I would recommend removing it and trying again.

Please let me know if that doesn’t resolve your issue.

Thanks

Hi @ojus.zoom,

That’s ok.

There are no - just a string and number for the fields name and meeting number.

Here’s a screenshot:

To be sure I’ve done the following:
I’ve copy paste both the key and secret and made sure i had no pre or trailing whitespaces
I’ve tried again just to be sure and I am still receiving the same error about an invalid signature. This happens for both CDN and Local version of the code.
I’m using version version 1.3.8 of https://github.com/zoom/sample-app-web

Could the issue be due to date used for the signature generation?

Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks in advance!

Have you solved this problem? I met the same problem.

@ojus.zoom Hi, I met the same problem. This is my code:

So, I think maybe the example is wrong.

Nope, haven’t solved the problem. I’ve read else where it might be the date used for the signature generation . . .Might be worth exploring. Good luck!

Hi @chee,

What is the meeting number that you are using?

Thanks

Hi @michael_p.zoom,

It’s 123. I’ve tried other combinations of numbers before but I would still receive the same error.

Thanks in advance.

Hi @chee,

You will need to input an actual Zoom meeting number. Please create a meeting within your Zoom account then use that meeting number within the Web SDK.

Thanks

Thanks Michael for pointing it out. It works.

epic face palm moment.

Is there a way for me to close this or mark as resolved?

1 Like

Hi @chee,

No worries, we’re glad that you’re able to get it working. No need to close it out.

Let us know if you have anymore questions.

Thanks

At the risk of another person having a face palm moment…
I am having the same issue.
sample/CDN code (tried Local too) with index.js var API_KEY var API_SECRET set/checked
No code errors
running on https:// webserver same domain as app credentials/ my user account (also tried on localhost with ssl)
Client running on MAC Chrome 77
Second device Windows running on a different zoom account room open using PID, no password on room

I have tried PID with/without - separators, same result “Joining meeting timeout.”
console log below:
checkSystemRequirements
zoom-meeting-1.5.1.min.js:2 Zoom support you browser. Chrome/77.0.3865.75
zoom-meeting-1.5.1.min.js:2 You browser support below features
index.js:4 {“browserInfo”:“Chrome/77.0.3865.75”,“browserName”:“Chrome”,“browserVersion”:“77.0.3865.75”,“features”:[“viewSharing”,“screenShare”,“computerAudio”,“computerVideo”,“callIn”,“callOut”,“chat”]}
index.js:51
index.js:72 {method: “join”, status: false, errorCode: 1, errorMessage: “Invalid signature.”, result: null}

Any thoughts?
Please

Hey @peter.tysoe, thanks for reaching out and using Zoom!

Are you using the JWT App Type Credentials for the API_KEY and API_SECRET?

Also you must have at least a Pro Zoom account to use the SDK which could be the reason you are seeing that error. If you would like a free trial for development / testing purposes we can request that for you.

Thanks,
Tommy

Thanks for the quick reply… using JWT created in zoom/developer build app
https://marketplace.zoom.us/develop/apps/xxxxxREMOVEDxxx/credentials is that wrong?

I have also upgraded my plan.
P

Hey @peter.tysoe,

Happy to help! Perfect you are using JWT :slight_smile:

Are you still getting the error after upgrading your plan? Also double check your JWT app is activated.

If that is still not working, can you send me the code you are using to generate your signature? Should look something like this

Or this,

Thanks,
Tommy

Hi Tommy code is as per your GIT

With my JWK … I am trying too connect to an open meeting PID209-601-8837 on a separate (free account) note I didn’t request passwords but I notice a lock symbol on the iPad next to the PID

Fail: Timeout (but instant)

Help appreciated.

P

Hey @peter.tysoe,

Those credentials are SDK Credentials.

You must create a JWT app in order to use the Web SDK.

Thanks,
Tommy

2 Likes

Hi,

I encountered the same “invalid signature” problem even when I set up a Zoom meeting and used the actual meeting ID without “-”. I followed the guidelines and did not change the javascript code except for replacing “Your API Key and Secret” with my actual ones. Here is the screenshot.