Ionic ios does gives error while running on real devices

Hi I am trying to integrate the zoom to my ionic app in ios in real device.The app opens up but i am getting a continous error which is :
[Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1

I did some research about it.Stack overflow says : "It’s a bug in WebKit ".What maybe the solution to this?I want to run zoom meeting from my ionic ios app.

Hi sujeshshahi03,

Thanks for using Zoom SDK and thanks for the post. Our iOS SDK has fixed this issue in https://github.com/zoom/zoom-sdk-ios/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#changed--fixed-1. To fix this issue immediately, you may replace the library in your Zoom Ionic SDK: libs/ios/ with the latest iOS SDK library.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

1 Like

Hi @carson.zoom,
I tried this solution to replace the library in my zoom ionic sdk with the latest ios sdk library.It still gives me the error : [Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1

However I am able to join a meeting without loggin in even if this error persists.But i am not able to get to the login page and also this error : [Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1 shows up a lot in terminal of xcode.

I am testing my ionic app in iphone 7 plus.Here is my environment version :
Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 5.4.13 (/Users/user/.nvm/versions/node/v13.1.0/lib/node_modules/ionic)
Ionic Framework : @ionic/angular 4.11.7
@angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.13.0
@angular-devkit/schematics : 7.3.9
@angular/cli : 7.3.9
@ionic/angular-toolkit : 1.5.1

Cordova:

Cordova CLI : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
Cordova Platforms : android 8.1.0, ios 5.1.1
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.2.0, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 4.1.3, (and 7 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.8.1
native-run : 0.3.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/user/Downloads/Android/sdk)
ios-deploy : 1.10.0
ios-sim : 8.0.2
NodeJS : v13.1.0 (/Users/user/.nvm/versions/node/v13.1.0/bin/node)
npm : 2.15.12
Xcode : Xcode 11.3 Build version 11C29

@ionic/angular”: “^4.1.0”,
@ionic-native/core”: “^5.8.0”,
@ionic-native/zoom”: “^5.8.0”

Hi @carson.zoom,
I have one more question.Does ionic have “invite by number” or “call out” feature like zoom has in web sdk?

Hi sujeshshahi03,

Thanks for the reply.

Regarding the issue " [Process] kill() returned unexpected error 1", according to:

This is a bug in iOS so I am afraid we need to wait for them to fix it. However, this is a warning message that should not block any usages.

Regarding your 2nd question, the Ionic SDK is based on the native iOS SDK and Android SDK, thus both of the features are available in Ionic SDK.

Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
Ionic sdk is based on the “native ios sdk” but I cannot find the reference for making call out and recording meetings in “ionic sdk documentation”.Whereas there is a clear documentation in native ios documentation about “call out” and “recording meetings”.

I need to make a call out in meeting and record meetings in ios using “hybrid ionic sdk”.Help !!

Thanks !

Hi sujeshshahi03,

Thanks for the reply. If you would like to use Call-Out, you may find it after pressing the “Join Audio”(If you already connected audio via VoIP, you may need to disconnect the audio first):

And regarding the recording meeting, if the current account has the recording feature, then the clouding recording feature will be available in “More”:

If you are looking for the ways to do this programmatically, I am afraid that the Ionic SDK currently does not have these interfaces. The Ionic SDK covers the major and the most used interfaces in iOS SDK/Android SDK and it is a community project, hence it does not have all interfaces that the iOS SDK/Android SDK has.

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
Yes, I am looking for ways to do this programmatically.I will switch to native iOS SDK then. One thing I am concerned about now in native iOS SDK is :- it is giving a call out and recording feature in the official zoom documentation.

Does this “call out” means I will be able to call/invite any phone number after I start a meeting ?

I need to be able to call a phone number after I host a meeting and also record the meeting.

Thanks!

Hi sujeshshahi03,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, that’s correct. Call out means calling a number and invite the user to join the meeting, you may find more detail here:https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/200942859-Using-Telephone-Call-Out-

Here are the corresponding interfaces in iOS SDK:

Hope this helps. Thanks!

Hi @carson.zoom,
Ok i will try this out.Thank you so so so much.Appreciate your time. :slight_smile:

Hi sujeshshahi03,

Hope this is helpful. Let me know if any other questions. Happy Zooming!

1 Like

Hi @carson.zoom,
This has been so much helpful.Taking my time out to thank you again.

Hi sujeshshahi03,

My pleasure, let me know if you have any other questions and I would be more than happy to help. :slight_smile: